Topics

CH340 Driver Install

JT Croteau
 

I am having problems installing the CH340 drivers on my Windows 10
laptop. It says it installs successfully but I do not get a comport
assigment. My cable is plugged in and a red led is lit on the nano.

Advice please?

Thanks

MVS Sarma
 

Web results
CH340G Driver Download and Update in Windows - Driver Easy

Can you try to see whether this link helps please !

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm JT Croteau, <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
I am having problems installing the CH340 drivers on my Windows 10
laptop.  It says it installs successfully but I do not get a comport
assigment.  My cable is plugged in and a red led is lit on the nano.

Advice please?

Thanks



MVS Sarma
 

Wrong link . STOP USING


On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 10:38 pm MVS Sarma via Groups.Io, <mvssarma=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Web results
CH340G Driver Download and Update in Windows - Driver Easy

Can you try to see whether this link helps please !

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm JT Croteau, <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
I am having problems installing the CH340 drivers on my Windows 10
laptop.  It says it installs successfully but I do not get a comport
assigment.  My cable is plugged in and a red led is lit on the nano.

Advice please?

Thanks



Tom, wb6b
 

Hi,

There were a number of threads last year about where to find drivers (ones that didn't crash, were signed, etc). I think the manufacture's website is now the best place to get the driver. Just Google the chip number and try to find the actual manufacture's site and their driver download area.

Tom, wb6b

JT Croteau
 

Solved cable problem   I found another cable in my junk box and it works fine.

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 22:52 Tom, wb6b <wb6b@...> wrote:
Hi,

There were a number of threads last year about where to find drivers (ones that didn't crash, were signed, etc). I think the manufacture's website is now the best place to get the driver. Just Google the chip number and try to find the actual manufacture's site and their driver download area.

Tom, wb6b

MVS Sarma
 

JT Croteau,
Congrats . All the while we were thing only software and compatibility !!

 All the best


On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:53 PM JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
Solved cable problem   I found another cable in my junk box and it works fine.

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 22:52 Tom, wb6b <wb6b@...> wrote:
Hi,

There were a number of threads last year about where to find drivers (ones that didn't crash, were signed, etc). I think the manufacture's website is now the best place to get the driver. Just Google the chip number and try to find the actual manufacture's site and their driver download area.

Tom, wb6b

Tom, wb6b
 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM, JT Croteau wrote:
Solved cable problem 
I'm having this same issue more and more. Many of the gadgets now days are shipping with a power only USB cable that has no markings or other indications it is not a complete USB cable (has the full USB compliant logo and everything). I've endured frustration many times when I accidentally grab and use one of these cables and try to debug or program a processor board. I've put a label on everyone I've found so far, but, surely, there is one more lurking in my cable box to get me late at night and torment me when I just want to get something done and get to sleep.

Tom, wb6b

Gary Anderson
 

JT,
You weren't the only one.
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/65276
Gary

Tom, wb6b
 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 11:39 AM, Gary Anderson wrote:
You weren't the only one.
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/65276
Yet another twist on the tormenting USB cables. Poor tolerances could be another issue with some of the cables I've had issues with. 

Tom, wb6b

MVS Sarma
 

I can unďerstand the level of tention and sometimes we cant even sleep 


On Fri, 9 Aug 2019, 12:09 am Tom, wb6b, <wb6b@...> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM, JT Croteau wrote:
Solved cable problem 
I'm having this same issue more and more. Many of the gadgets now days are shipping with a power only USB cable that has no markings or other indications it is not a complete USB cable (has the full USB compliant logo and everything). I've endured frustration many times when I accidentally grab and use one of these cables and try to debug or program a processor board. I've put a label on everyone I've found so far, but, surely, there is one more lurking in my cable box to get me late at night and torment me when I just want to get something done and get to sleep.

Tom, wb6b