Topics

CeC Firmware

rajesh huddar

Hi,

Have installed the cec 1.20 firmware on ubitx ver 3. Display does not.light up.
What could be the problem?

There are multiple LCD displays mentioned,  which one is to be selected.

Inputs will be of great help.

Thanks

Rajesh
VU3RHU

Evan Hand

Rajesh,
Are you using the stock 16x2 display?  Did it work before you loaded the CEC software?

I would check connections.  You may have disturbed something when connecting the USB cable to the Nano.  If it were a software problem, the screen would light up, but be blank or show gray squares.

As to your question of which screen to use, that would depend on what size you would like and if you want the graphical interface.  There are versions of the Nextion tft files for most all of the screen sizes available.  For a graphic screen, the software will only work with a Nextion screen, as it relies on the processor in the display to do some of the GUI functions.  My favorite choice is the 3.5" Enhanced display  NX4832K035.  I have not tried the larger (above 2.8") size Basic version, as they do not have as much memory, and the larger the screen size the more memory is required (the screens are bit maps, so larger display means more memory to store a single screen).  I have not tried the very large versions (5" and larger), as they require a significant amount of 5votl power, and probably a separate 5volt source or a better 5volt regulator with dropping resistor and heatsink.

I do not have experience with the non-graphic screens other than the stock 16x2 parallel screen.  For an original stock screen to work, you do need to use the file:
UBITX_CEC_V1.200_16P.hex

Here is the file FileNameInfo.txt printed from the uBITXV234 part of the zip archive.:

Start Print =======================================================================================================
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/04/various-lcd-support-in-ubitx-with.html

prefix   : UBITX_CEC_
Version  : Vxxxx (ex: V1.097)
LCD Type : _XXX  (ex: 16x02 Parallel = 16P, 20x04 Parallel = 20P, 20x04 I2C = 20I, Nextion LCD = NX)
Signal Meter Type (Option) : none : Analaog Meter using A7 PIN
                             _S   : I2C Signal Meter using I2C Port

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16P.hex    : It is the LCD equipped with uBITX. Default LCD, 16x02 Parallel LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16P_S.hex  : _16P with I2C Meter

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16I.hex    : 16x02 I2C LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16I_S.hex  : _16I with I2C Meter

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_20P.hex    : 20x04 Parallel LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_20P_S.hex  : _20P with I2C Meter

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_20I.hex    : 20x04 I2C LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_20I_S.hex  : _20I with I2C Meter

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16D.hex    : 16x02 I2C Dual LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_16D_S.hex  : _16D with I2C Meter

UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_NX.hex     : Nextion LCD
UBITX_CEC_Vxxxxx_NX_S.hex   : _NX with I2C Meter
End Print =======================================================================================================

The above is the best information that I have.
73
Evan
AC9TU

rajesh huddar

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the revert.

I am using the stock 2 line LCD which has come with the ver3 set.

I will check the line in the file which has to be uncommented as there are several LCD display types.

Regards

Rajesh

VU3RHU

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020, 16:16 Evan Hand, <elhandjr@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes Evan,

I have the stock raduino working fine.
I another one for the CEC firmware.
As I am writing to you in the ubitx.h section on the ide screen the stock display or uncommented.

Will they again and keep you posted.

[...]

What does the error message mean

Error Receive Length = 1/1027

[...]

That error usually is for baud rate issues.  The supplied Nano from HF Signas, and most all of the clones, use the CH340G USB chip with an older bootloader program.  That is selected through the Tools menu:

The alternative is to use Xloader (free software) and load the .hex file from the GitHub repository:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.20

Download the repository to a zip file, and then extract the uBITXV234 folder and then use the correct hex file in the extracted folder.  You will need to set the baud rate to 38400.

Either way, should work.

73
Evan
AC9TU

rajesh huddar

Thanks

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020, 20:36 Evan Hand, <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Rajesh,
That error usually is for baud rate issues.  The supplied Nano from HF Signas, and most all of the clones, use the CH340G USB chip with an older bootloader program.  That is selected through the Tools menu:

The alternative is to use Xloader (free software) and load the .hex file from the GitHub repository:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.20

Download the repository to a zip file, and then extract the uBITXV234 folder and then use the correct hex file in the extracted folder.  You will need to set the baud rate to 38400.

Either way, should work.

73
Evan
AC9TU

rajesh huddar

Got ,working,
Now in the manager I2C SCANNER MASTER LCD IS 0X00.

With the suggested baud rate I am able to read the device.