Topics

CEC 5" Enhanced Nextion Files #images

Ron

Need help with the CEC Nextion Enhanced 5" file.
I downloaded both the HMI and TFT ready to go file and no matter whether I compile the file
In the Nextion editor or use an SD card to install the TFT card I get a 1" image on the display.

Am I the only one seeing this or am I doing something wrong.
It is a genuine Nextion Enhanced display.

Am I doing something wrong or have the files been messed with?
Thanks for any help.
W4DNQ

Mark Hatch

Probably downloading the original ones. Looks in the files section under AJ6CU.

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Murray Wills (ZL2IQ)

This is possibly a power supply problem. You need to power the 5” screen from a different power supply than the 3 line screen as it draws too much current. I used a $9 step down converter from 12v to 5v capable of handling the current drain.

73 Murray ZL2IQ

Need help with the CEC Nextion Enhanced 5" file.
I downloaded both the HMI and TFT ready to go file and no matter whether I compile the file
In the Nextion editor or use an SD card to install the TFT card I get a 1" image on the display.

Am I the only one seeing this or am I doing something wrong.
It is a genuine Nextion Enhanced display.

Am I doing something wrong or have the files been messed with?
Thanks for any help.
W4DNQ

Mark Hatch

Yup. Might also need a power supply upgrade in addition to getting the right Nextion software installed. I found a high current 5v and relocated the radiuno regulator to this one. Mounted on rear panel for heat sink.

73
Mark

Marty

Just put the .tft image on the SD, only one, put in, then power up, the display will do the rest, it will take awhile, then un-power, remove the SD card. If it reads too many tft try a different SD card

KD4HLV

On 11/29/19 1:32 PM, Ron wrote:
Need help with the CEC Nextion Enhanced 5" file.
I downloaded both the HMI and TFT ready to go file and no matter whether I compile the file
In the Nextion editor or use an SD card to install the TFT card I get a 1" image on the display.

Am I the only one seeing this or am I doing something wrong.
It is a genuine Nextion Enhanced display.

Am I doing something wrong or have the files been messed with?
Thanks for any help.
W4DNQ

Justin Phillips K5AXL

I used these two dc-dc adjustable buck converters, one tames my 13.8v supply to 12v for the ubitx, the other to supply 5v for the 5" nextion display. It's working well for me.

On 11/29/19 1:32 PM, Ron wrote:
Need help with the CEC Nextion Enhanced 5" file.
I downloaded both the HMI and TFT ready to go file and no matter whether I compile the file
In the Nextion editor or use an SD card to install the TFT card I get a 1" image on the display.

Am I the only one seeing this or am I doing something wrong.
It is a genuine Nextion Enhanced display.

Am I doing something wrong or have the files been messed with?
Thanks for any help.
W4DNQ

Joshi Hp

I download the latest(December) hmi  file but there is a compilation error as shown in the picture.

Justin Phillips K5AXL

Did you set the device model under Device ID? I had to change mine to Enhanced to get it to compile.

Justin Phillips K5AXL

I am using the Enhanced model btw, you designer might be defaulted to a smaller display, changing it to the appropriate 5" model should let it compile. I believe the error is related to images/sizes greater than the currently selected model can display.

Joe Puma

Did you make any changes? It’s looks like one of the pages is having a memory overflow. You exceed the memory allocation for file. The issue is coming from the page that is listed right above the error. I started the redesign on that 5” and Mark Hatch finished it off.

Joe
KD2NFC

Mark Hatch

Joshi,

I just downloaded the December 1.hmi, and recompiled it both for basic and enhanced 5" screen. Compilation successful. Got one warning on an overlap of a component on factoryrecover (that I don't remember), but other than that no problems.

I am running v0.53 of the Nextion editor. Any chance you have something different?

BTW: The "December" version fixes the "9" character in the manual frequency entry that should have been a "0"

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Mark Hatch

Actually, I think I see the problem, but not sure why....

If you look at the bottom message line you see the specific model number being compiled for along with Flash, RAM and frequency.

Here is how that line compares to mine:

                                             Flash       Ram.       Freq
Mine.   NX:8048K050_011.    32M.     8192B.     108M.  5" Enhanced
OP.      NX:8048T050_011.     16M.     3584B.     48M.    5" Basic

What is really strange is the I have no problem compiling it for the 5" Basic....  But both the OP and Justin (K5AXL) reported that they needed to changed to enhanced to compile.

Perhaps we should compare version for the Nextion editor...  Again, mine is V0.53

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Mark Hatch

Sorry, one more comment, Ron (W4DNQ) stated he had an enhanced display. However, the status line on bottom says he is compiling for a basic. An Enhanced Nextion will not read the tft file for a Basic. Think the GPU is even different between the two....

Ron, any reason you cannot use the tft files I uploaded?

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Joshi Hp

I download the fresh hmi file as suggested and now the compilation is successful.

On Mon, 2 Dec, 2019, 11:14 PM Mark Hatch, <mark2382@...> wrote:
Sorry, one more comment, Ron (W4DNQ) stated he had an enhanced display. However, the status line on bottom says he is compiling for a basic. An Enhanced Nextion will not read the tft file for a Basic. Think the GPU is even different between the two....

Ron, any reason you cannot use the tft files I uploaded?

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Mark Hatch

Joshi,

Thank you for the good news. Not sure what was going on there. Let me know if you see any other issues. The December release "should be" exactly the same as the June release with the replacement of that one .png that had a "9" instead of a "0" in the manual frequency entry screen.

73
Mark
AJ6U