Topics

ce v1.2 on a ubitx v5

Nick Tile

I've been trying to get Ian's firmware running on a uBitx V5 by loading it to a new Nano to replace the one supplied in the raduino - the firmware loads ok, but when I swap the Nano, its dragging the supply to the display down as though there's a short (the regulator on the raduino gets very hot very quickly).

I've tried loading various versions of the firmware in case I have a different display - I don't think I have, its a standard 1602 16 x 2 but to no avail so I wondered if there's something really obvious that I'm missing.The "new" nano loads ok so I thinks its alright and the radio is fine with the standard supplied nano.

Bit puzzled ...

Nick Tile

belay my last - I spotted my idiot mistake - sorted !!

KD2QMZ

If you are using a Nextion display, remember that depending on the size, those draw more current, so it is recommended an additional regulator on the case.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM Nick Tile <juggie@...> wrote:
belay my last - I spotted my idiot mistake - sorted !!

Bill Lamm

Do share for the next guy with same problem :-)

Ian Reeve

In my ubitx I have a 3.5" Nextion display and find the onboard 5v regulator with a finned Heatsink manages OK.Gets warm but not too hot to touch,a external chassis mounted 5v regulator would be a better option,just remember to fit filter ceramic caps on input and output.