Topics

BITX shoes?

Jim <n6otq@...>

I saw this in another group...

Italy has slightly different radio laws than the US, so dealers there can sell QRP HF amps.
This unit was deconstructed (in other words, hacked to bits) in the name of science:

http://www.rmitaly.com/scheda.asp?IDGr=1&cat=0&tipo=93

http://www.rmitaly.com/download/manuals/KL203-manual_rel_600.pdf

It's a 4W in, 70W out FET-based amp.

The un-builder found this number on one of the FETS: P16NF06L and was able to determine
that it is a STP16NF06L. Datasheet at:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/45682.pdf

I hope this gives folks some ideas. Incidentally, those transformers are probably 4:1
broadband units, and you can use molded-inferrite beads salvaged from computer video or
power cables for the cores.

Jim N6OTQ

Arv Evans

Jim

Definitely a few good ideas there. The bias switching arrangement
immediately caught my attention.

Thanks,

Arv
_._

Jim wrote:

[...]

Sajid Rahum

I ordered RMItaly KL203 and will give it a short to work with ubitx once it arrives here.

Hi,

This one looks like it has no low pass filters installed, thus it would be illegal to use in most countries unless band-specific low pass filters were used between the amp and antenna.

73,

Mark.

Sajid Rahum

Yes agreed.

I got it but no luck - the power from softrock is too low to trigger the amp to transmit. Not sure if anyone knows how to mod it.  If I use AM,  it does trigger the amp.

Sajid