Topics

µBitx manager Soft

Gerard

Hello,
I tried to run the µbitx manager program (Version 0.97 or 1.11), but each time I have an alert message. you have it too? The last time I answered yes to this type of message, I was entitled to a ransonware, all my files were encrypted. I had to reinstall W10.
Your opinion on that.

cdt

Viktors Miske

My guess is u used a TOR site to download. Go to authors site for a clean version.

Gerard

Viktors, it's on KD8CEC site (hamskey.com) which give a link to download
see capture 2

Evan Hand

Gerard,
Have you tried the GitHub link?
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.11

73
Evan
AC9TU

Viktors Miske

Huh. Looks like ya did everything right.
Might have had a gremlin in your confuser, but if reformated and Win10 reinstalled, I'd try again.
Also try Ubitx.net and see if they have a files area. Probably find a non infected file there.
And dont quote me on this one, but think GitHub also has backup files.

73,
de Victor
KC8CkZ in South Florida, USA.

Gerard

Evan,

yes as i had said :"I tried to run the µbitx manager program (Version 0.97 or 1.11)"

I have tested this link before and install. Same message.  https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.11

After this message may be unimportant. I don’t know how windows10 tests publishers. You might have to "sign" your program with W10, or something like that?
What I want to know is if you made the mistake with a "American" W10 version on your PC’s.

cdt

Evan Hand

Gerard,

I did get the warning screen on my computer the first time I ran it.  It said that it was an unknown publisher, which it is.  Dr. Ian Lee did not pay to have the program registered with Microsoft, so it is unknown to Windows.

I cannot take responsibility for what you do, as the file that you have could be corrupted, however, I have not had any issues after I clicked on the More info link and then Run anyway.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Gerard

Evan,

Yes, that’s what I wanted to know.
So .... I clicked and it seems to work.
I also have more messages like you at the second launch.
More over my option ransonware is activated in windows since my first problem and I backup regularly.
So everything is fine.
I will test the manager functions tomorrow
Have a nice day, here it's begin the night.
cdt

Gerard

Evan,
I installed the HEX manager file with the PGM Xloader
I communicate well with the µbitx.
Of course nothing is set
I saw that everyone with their call sign can save/load their configuration on the net.
I wanted to know if there was a test callsign to load parameters, only to see what happens.
cdt

Gerard

Also:
There is a "Load factory settings" option in µBitx Manager.
It remains greyed out.
There may be a factory settings file to load? where to find it?
cdt

Evan Hand

Gerard,
I have never used that capability, so do not really know.  the way that I used it was to save the original parameters to a file, made modifications, saved to another file, and then tested to verify operation.  I repeated that until I got what I wanted, then saved that file as a dated configuration.  I found that making changes and testing was easy enough that I never really looked into other options.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

Gerard,
The way that I understand the factory setting, is that you save it first thing before you make any changes.  As I stated before, I have not really used any of the online save features.  All have been files on my PC.

73
Evan
AC9TU