Topics

Bitx 40 radino

Tech Guy

I just ordered a radino dds board for my bitx 40 version 3 board. I received a radino dds with an 8 pin header on the top but a 16 pin sip header pin on the bottom (like the ubitx to plug directly into the u bitx main board). I assume that I need to give the dds 12v and gnd but what output pin is the dds output? My old bitx 40 has the two pin header for vfo input. I seem to have the new dds board that doesn’t have the 5 pin header on the bottom. It came without the 8 pin plug. Anybody know where I can get one? Mouser? Digikey? Thanks
-John N4HNO

Tech Guy

The hfsignals page shows 2nd from left as +12, 5th from left gnd, 3rd from left dds out (red), 4th from left dds gnd. I am looking at the dds board with the nano on the left and think pin 1 is on the end nearest the usb connector. Is that right? I guess I will tack some rg 174 to the pins for output and solder the power and gnd.