Topics

Bitx 20 front panel

wa6mdi2@...

Hi Folks,

Just finished my first attempt at the Bitx 20 today.    At the risk of appearing stupid, but I need to make sure before I put power to the unit.   If were looking at the front panel the small jacks from left to right are the mike, key and ear phones?

Do I have that right.

Also what size fuse is everyone using?   3 amp enough?

Thanks,

Dick, wa6mdi
Trophy Club TX

Evan Hand

Dick,
To be clear, do you have a uBITX version 6 with the touch screen or a BITX20 which was a single band 20-meter radio?  It does make a huge differance.  The model should be printed on the mainboard.

IF you have the uBITX version 6, then the firmware files are here:
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

I do not know the current version for the BITX 20, nor where it is kept.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

Forgot to answer the fuse question.

For the uBITX series, the 3 amp fuse would be correct.  Since the BITX20 has only a single IFR510 as the PA, I would assume that the current requirements would be less.  Since the fuse is more to protect the wires than the finals (there has been a lot of discussion and varying opinions on that) the 3 amp would work.

73
Evan
AC9TU

wa6mdi2@...

Hi Evan,

This is the uBitx version 6 touch screen.

Thanks

Dick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

To be clear, do you have a uBITX version 6 with the touch screen or a BITX20 which was a single band 20-meter radio?  It does make a huge differance.  The model should be printed on the mainboard.

IF you have the uBITX version 6, then the firmware files are here:
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

I do not know the current version for the BITX 20, nor where it is kept.

73
Evan
AC9TU

barry halterman

Dick on the v6 from left to right is mic, phones, CW key.
Barry

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 8:42 PM Dick Melcher <wa6mdi2@...> wrote:

Hi Evan,

This is the uBitx version 6 touch screen.

Thanks

Dick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

To be clear, do you have a uBITX version 6 with the touch screen or a BITX20 which was a single band 20-meter radio?  It does make a huge differance.  The model should be printed on the mainboard.

IF you have the uBITX version 6, then the firmware files are here:
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

I do not know the current version for the BITX 20, nor where it is kept.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Dick Melcher <wa6mdi2@...>

Thank You so much.

Dick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

To be clear, do you have a uBITX version 6 with the touch screen or a BITX20 which was a single band 20-meter radio?  It does make a huge differance.  The model should be printed on the mainboard.

IF you have the uBITX version 6, then the firmware files are here:
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

I do not know the current version for the BITX 20, nor where it is kept.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

Dick,
This picture with ports labeled might be of use in the future.

Enjoy the rig!
73
Evan
AC9TU