From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of N6QWHAM@...
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 9:48 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Bitx40 Keeps On Tickiing

Many years ago the ad for the Timex watch touted it just keeps on ticking. The Bitx40 not unlike the Timex watch keeps on Ticking. Recently I was gifted two Bitx40 boards and one inoperative Raduino. I set about fabricating a controller with LCD and in the process added USB capability (by shifting the LO to 19 MHz) so it could be used on FT-8. But now how to "box it". I found a rather neat plastic box that was intended to be a case to carry First Aid Supplies. The case can be purchased from Amazon sans the supplies. The case is durable and has a sealed gasketed lid. For the LCD and Controls I built a sub-panel and painted it my signature Juliano Blue. This enclosure is ideal as it easily contains the Bitx40 plus room for batteries, antenna wire, microphone etc. The bonus --a carrying handle.

Pete N6QW

Jack, W8TEE

Mornin' Pete!

I did something similar, but for Diz's 5 Watter using an (almost) waterproof Apache case from Harbor Freight. They go on sale for $10 from time-to-time. I left all of the connectors "inside" the case so if I drop it in a lake, not only will it float long enough to retrieve it, it will be dry when I catch up to it. (Not that I'm clumsy or anything...) Works well!

Inline image

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

Apparently not a Heathkit Apache case ;)

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more