Topics

BITX40 and Data FT8/JT65 et al.

jeff.goodley@...

May I have some opinions about using a BITx40 on data modes?  I am just venturing into qrp after being a 100 watts and a wire man for many years.  I will be ordering a kit very soon but because of hearing challenges am moving to text based modes.

Will the BITX40 cope with vox data?  I currently use an Easy data connected to the mike socket of my TS520SE but have been getting hits into Vu and VK on 40 mtrs   200 mW WSPR through a 6 mtr long whip from up here in IO92.

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

Did you mean perhaps you were using a easydigi?

On Mar 19, 2018, at 20:52, jeff.goodley via Groups.Io <jeff.goodley@...> wrote:

May I have some opinions about using a BITx40 on data modes?  I am just venturing into qrp after being a 100 watts and a wire man for many years.  I will be ordering a kit very soon but because of hearing challenges am moving to text based modes.

Will the BITX40 cope with vox data?  I currently use an Easy data connected to the mike socket of my TS520SE but have been getting hits into Vu and VK on 40 mtrs   200 mW WSPR through a 6 mtr long whip from up here in IO92.

John P

I just started using the BitX-40 for FT-8. I'm using a homebrew VOX gimmick to key it. I need to clean up the documentation a little then I'll publish it here. Hopefully by tomorrow.

In only 4 days I've managed to work 13 states from NJ, including WA and AZ, so it seems to work pretty well!

--
John - WA2FZW

RCC WB5YYM

Ran bitx40 with duinovox for several months until laptop hard drive crash. It works great. 50 states worked with 46  confirmed and 49 countries with 35 confirmed.

david todd

John,
looked for your writeup for the vox gimmick.
Im running a bitx40 modified  for lsb and usb with the 1.29 software loaded. Ive added a function button to access the menus and calibration.

Would you email  me the details?

David

kg9rb@...

Zvi Segal

Hello,
 I use the V6 with the CEC firmeware.
I added USB hub, audio dongle and USB cable which is connected to the Raduino port.

So the connection to the computer is with a single USB cable.

The audio dongle is connected to the Mic input and to the PotH.   Had to add DC block caps on the audio path.

Works great with wsjt-x.

--
Zvika
4Z1ZV

Zvi Segal

Opps...  It goes without say.  I use CAT interface through omnirig and it works like any commercial CAT controlled tranciever.

Actually you define it as FT817.
--
Zvika
4Z1ZV