Topics

[[BITX20] Date for publishing Microcontroller Projects for Amateur Radio #tech-books

Christopher Miller

It’s good to use the tools attached to the email where you complain about how to mute a topic....

Rofl

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 5:02 AM Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:
Hi,

I looked around for the means to mute message threads by subject on
groups.io. We apparently cannot do that but there is a hint that we
*can* mute messages by their hashtags. I have added a hashtag to this
thread in hopes that it may help people who have no interest in
reprogramming their radios nor interest in reading such books.

In future I will try to remember to include a hashtag in my messages so
that people who don't like my drivel can mute it.

73,

Bill  KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 7/3/20 9:48 AM, Mike Short wrote:
> It is of interest to me, so thanks for sharing.
>
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 09:16 Jack, W8TEE via groups.io
> <http://groups.io> <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io
> <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:
>
>     My bad. This was supposed to be a private post to Chris. To All: Sorry!
>
>     Jack, W8TEE
>
>     On Friday, July 3, 2020, 2:30:14 AM EDT, MadRadioModder
>     <madradiomodder@... <mailto:madradiomodder@...>> wrote:
>

>     This is all fantastic, but a little moot because the book isn’t out.

Bill Cromwell

Hi Chris,

I can see that option at bottom of the the messages in my email client. Our neighbor with the problem is not using an email but reading the messages on the groups dot io site. I went there and that option does NOT appear anywhere that I can find. But when I look at my post I see that I can get a "mute" selection for the hashtag. The message thread to that date did not have any hashtag; I added it. That will stop the messages from showing up for the io member that selects it. Everybody else has the pleasure of continuing with the messages that have that hashtag:)

I will continue to use that option in my email client because it is simpler - simple enough that even *I* can do it. By the way, I have not muted that thread. I do mute threads about WSPR or FT8. Doing that does nothing to diminish anybody else's great joy reading them:)

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

groups.io <http://groups.io>. We apparently cannot do that but there