Topics

Bit40 fault #bitx40help #cw

John Dunnington

Hi All,  I'm very new to this radio and have no knowledge or very littte info in the way of diagrams etc.
Bought the radio S/H wlist my own valve hybrid is awaiting repair.
My problem is the radio is not transmitting in CWL, wlist all is OK in SSB, it unfortunately arrived with the speaker loose in the cabinet
so I don't know if thats what's caused the problem. I don't see any obvious signs of damage or cables dislodged.
I do believe the relay on the board is not functioning and doesn't say TX in the display. The fact we are good in SSB means I hope not too serious.
I don't have much in the way of test eqip either, I do have a DMM and a frequency counter.
Anybody help please.
John
GM4EIW

Allard PE1NWL

Hi John,
just to be sure, is it indeed a bitx40 or is it a ubitx?
If it's a bitx40, what is the Raduino firmware version (as shown on the LCD at power on)?

73 Allard PE1NWL

John Dunnington

Allard, Many thanks for the reply, it is a 40metre   Bit40, boot up shows 1.29, I've learnt something there.
John
GM4EIW

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 13:04, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:
Hi John,
just to be sure, is it indeed a bitx40 or is it a ubitx?
If it's a bitx40, what is the Raduino firmware version (as shown on the LCD at power on)?

73 Allard PE1NWL

Allard PE1NWL

Hi John,

the modification and operating instructions for this software are here:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/operating-instructions.md

Check the CW settings in the SETTINGS menu. Perhaps semiQSK is set to OFF?
You can always restore the 'factory' settings by keeping the FB pressed during power ON.

Hope this helps.

73 Allard PE1NWL

John Dunnington

OK Allard, thanks, will try the first option.
If I restore factory settings is it a big task to re instate all?
John

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 16:31, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:
Hi John,

the modification and operating instructions for this software are here:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/operating-instructions.md

Check the CW settings in the SETTINGS menu. Perhaps semiQSK is set to OFF?
You can always restore the 'factory' settings by keeping the FB pressed during power ON.

Hope this helps.

73 Allard PE1NWL

John Dunnington

Allard.
QSK was off, changed and working OK.

What does that do or is that a stupid question.
Thanks for your help, I'm still struggling to work my way through it, all seems hi tec.
73 John

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 16:40, John Dunnington via groups.io <jdunnington99=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK Allard, thanks, will try the first option.
If I restore factory settings is it a big task to re instate all?
John

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 16:31, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:
Hi John,

the modification and operating instructions for this software are here:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/operating-instructions.md

Check the CW settings in the SETTINGS menu. Perhaps semiQSK is set to OFF?
You can always restore the 'factory' settings by keeping the FB pressed during power ON.

Hope this helps.

73 Allard PE1NWL

Allard PE1NWL

Hi John,
glad you got it working!
In this group there are no stupid questions (there can only be dumb answers).

The semiQSK setting affects the CW behaviour.
When semiQSK is ON (default): radio goes automatically into CW transmit mode as soon as the CW key is pressed. Press the PTT switch to switch back to SSB.
When semiQSK is OFF: While keying CW, operator must manually keep PTT pressed in order to bring the radio in transmit mode.

Hope this explains.
Enjoy your bitx40!

73 Allard PE1NWL