Topics

Binocular Cores

Mike W <mike@...>

I have found a 'source' of minature binocular balun cores in old UHF
TV tuners and computer UHF modulators. there are usually, it
appears, one or two per tuner. Not tried them yet though.
atb Mike W, G8NXD

Arvid Evans <arvevans@...>

--- In BITX20@..., "Mike W" <mike@c...> wrote:
I have found a 'source' of minature binocular balun cores in old UHF
TV tuners and computer UHF modulators. there are usually, it
appears, one or two per tuner. Not tried them yet though.
atb Mike W, G8NXD
Mike

Some time ago (actually, many years ago) I remember reading somewhere
that you can make up your own "binocular cores" by stacking two rows
of conventional toroid cores. That's about all I remember of the
original technical note, so you are on your own from there.

Arv
_._