Topics

Bi-Directional amp PCB layout

Mike W <mike@...>

I've just uploaded to my website

http://www.qsl.net/g8nxd/bitx/bidir_pcb.zip

The files describing a small pcb for the bidirectional
IF amp used in the BITX20 Tranciever. However the
amplifier will no doubt be useful in other projects
hense my producing one single stage on this PCB.

I'm working on a full BITX TCVR PCB incorporating
this layout at the moment. But took time out to finish
this board for release to the BITX group in the hope
that someone might find it useful. If you use this
layout then please tell me, I'd like to know my work
is appreciated, or not as the case may be.

72/73 de Mike W, G8NXD, qthr

vk3bfa <ablight@...>

--- In BITX20@..., "Mike W" <mike@c...> wrote:
I've just uploaded to my website

http://www.qsl.net/g8nxd/bitx/bidir_pcb.zip

The files describing a small pcb for the bidirectional
IF amp used in the BITX20 Tranciever. However the
amplifier will no doubt be useful in other projects
hense my producing one single stage on this PCB.

72/73 de Mike W, G8NXD, qthr
Hi Mke,
gee - what a nice neat layout - will have to post my hand drawn
efforts for a comparison!.
de VK3BFA Andrew

Paulo <py3km@...>

Hi Mike.

Why don‘t you put these files in the files section of the group?Here in South America we can‘t access the qsl.net, so this file will be unavailable for a lot of people interested on it.

73

Paulo  PY3KM

>     The files describing a small pcb for the bidirectional
>     IF amp used in the BITX20 Tranciever. However the
>     amplifier will no doubt be useful in other projects
>     hense my producing one single stage on this PCB.
>
>    72/73 de Mike W, G8NXD, qthr

Hi Mke,
gee - what a nice neat layout - will have to post my hand drawn
efforts for a comparison!.
de VK3BFA Andrew

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 21/07/2004 / Versão: 1.5.2
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

Mike W <mike@...>

Forwarded file by e-mail.
cheers, Mike
--

py3km@...
> The files describing a small pcb for the bidirectional
> IF amp used in the BITX20 Tranciever. However the
> amplifier will no doubt be useful in other projects
> hense my producing one single stage on this PCB.
>
> 72/73 de Mike W, G8NXD, qthr

Hi Mke,
gee - what a nice neat layout - will have to post my hand drawn
efforts for a comparison!. de VK3BFA Andrew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service..

--------
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 21/07/2004 / Vers�o: 1.5.2
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

Arvid Evans <arvevans@...>

Mike

Thanks for the great idea. Sub-circuit PCB layouts using Farhan's
bi-directional amplifiers should find application in many other
designs as well as the BITX series of transceivers. This is
potentially a great 'building block' for many projects.

I tried downloading your .zip file from qsl.net, but they seem to be
having problems this morning (response timeouts, no ping, etc.) but as
soon as they get back on-the-net I will download your PCB layout and
try it. May I add my voice to the others who have suggested that you
could make a "G8NXD" folder in the FILES section of this forum and
then download your PCB layout into that folder. That way the file
would be available to all who can access this forum.

Thanks & 73,

Arv - K7HKL
<arvevans@...>