Topics

Beautifull Ubitx?

Gerard

hello,
 I think I just spent my Saturday on the net to solve one of my pb.
I came across this site
Go to see his Ubitx
I found his Ubitx impressive.
This might give you some ideas

http://mw0uzo.co.uk/index.php

cdt

Gerard

Already I see shielded wires on the connections and a lot of ferrite

Aaron K5ATG

Not understanding the need for WiFi on a radio.
--
'72
Aaron Scott

Bill Cromwell

Hi.

Not for me but wifi would allow remote access via the internet. There are other ways that would be less vulnerable to hacking in my thinking. I am considering bluetooth for some remote operations on my own property. I don't feel the need for remote access from Timbuktu but there are hams who do want that kind of access and for various reasons.

No two of us are alike and we should be thankful for that. What an awful world if everybody else was just like *me*!

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 10/24/20 12:37 PM, Aaron K5ATG via groups.io wrote:
Not understanding the need for WiFi on a radio.
--
'72
Aaron Scott
The K5ATG Blog <https://k5atg.blogspot.com/>
Mid-Del Amateur Radio Club <http://www.w5mwc.org/>
QRPARCI# 16443
GQRP# 16389
4SQRP # 1080

Jack, W8TEE

The Bluetooth capability of the ESP32 seems pretty good and there's some libraries to use it.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Curt

The cool thing about the ubitx is we don't have to agree - we can each build it our own way.  Glad to see that hams around the globe can experience this rig.  Some may wish to operate the rig remotely - it fact its a cool idea for those who regularly receive on WSPR - they can remotely change the band it is listening on.  Just like I don't get those who chat via a wireless hotspot - to experience human-to-human QSOs - while some of us prefer the fickle ions.  enjoy whatever however.  73 curt