Topics

Bare end mini usb

Kit Peters

Where can I find a mini usb to 4 bare wire cable?

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

I've never seen a cable like that, although somebody may sell one. The easiest thing is probably to take a Mini USB cable, cut off whatever connector is at the other end, and separate and strip the wires.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 8:46 PM Kit Peters <popefelix@...> wrote:
Where can I find a mini usb to 4 bare wire cable?

Don--AE4DW

Or just buy the connector shell and make your own. I did that for a project a few weeks ago, found both USB type A, and micro-usb connectors  on ebay. Reasonably priced from a US vendor, even cheaper if you get them from China.

Kit Peters

That's not a bad idea at all.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 06:11 Don--AE4DW <AE4DW.Don@...> wrote:
Or just buy the connector shell and make your own. I did that for a project a few weeks ago, found both USB type A, and micro-usb connectors  on ebay. Reasonably priced from a US vendor, even cheaper if you get them from China.

Ian Reeve

In the UK you can buy these leads for £1 and just chop off the connector and you have the four wires.