Topics

Baofeng microphone mod for BITX

Joe Puma

Do a test on ptt ground and mic ground..see if its same ground is my guess.

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cesar
Sent: June 7, 2017 10:37 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Baofeng microphone mod for BITX

So if you have 4 wires how do you put that to a 3 pin male jack?
do you share mic and ptt ground wires? Is this gonna work?

thank you

César EA3IAV

it is same ground. I have troble with the jack connector...

thanks

Joe Puma

Attach one wire to the ground then and then attach the two grounds to that wire so its less of a hassle connecting both at the jack

it is same ground. I have troble with the jack connector...

thanks

Evan Seligmann

Can I use a Dynamic microphone?

--
Regards,
73's

*MY HOBBY IS AMATEUR RADIO - ASK ME ABOUT IT

Proud Member of:
South African Radio League - www.sarl.org.za
Pretoria Amateur Radio Club- www.parc.org.za
American Radio Relay League - www.arrl.org

KE0GYC

This was a really useful post.  The diagrams I was looking at seemed to have the common ground attached to the sleeve of the 2.5mm jack, and my PTT was stuck on until I figured it out!

nemfield <nemfield@...>

Hi;
The paragraph description on modifying the Beofeng mic connections to the uBITX is vague. Can a schematic please posted a schematic diagram as to how the mods actually are done. 'Thank you '73