Topics

Anyone used the ELEKITSORPARTS digital interface board? Opionons? #ubitx #digital

Justin Phillips K5AXL

Has any used this board in their ubitx, and if so, how's it working? How was the installation? Any gotchas?

https://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/ubitx-digi-interface-module-add-on-board

JP
K5AXL

3boysdad@...

i hope someone responds too, as i'd like to see their thoughts. it seemed like the 'easy button' as far as setup went, so i jumped on it.

...i bought this, along with a kit last month, but i won't be breaking out until Christmas this year...b

Gigabyte

I don't have their kit, but I have the EU1KY analyzer from that site. It's been awesome. I'm running Ian's firmware on it.

Please Note: Any following text is automatically appended to all my communications by the system, without my permission, consent, or approval. I have no control over its appearance or content.
Disclaimer

Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law.

For optimum performance and safety, please read these instructions carefully.

Void where prohibited. No representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or utility of these materials or any information or opinion contained herein. Actual mileage may vary. Prices slightly higher west of the Mississippi. All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. This product not to be construed as an endorsement of any product or company, nor as the adoption or promulgation of any guidelines, standards or recommendations. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Package sold by weight, not volume. Contents may settle during shipment. No user-serviceable parts inside. Use only as directed.

Do not eat. Not a toy.

Postage will be paid by addressee. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. One size fits all. Colors may, in time, fade. For office use only. Edited for television. List was current at time of printing. At participating locations only. Keep away from fire or flame. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitised for your protection. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of the dog. Limited time offer. No purchase necessary. Not recommended for children under 12. Prerecorded for this time zone. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Slippery when wet. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. For recreational use only. No Canadian coins. List each check separately by bank number. This is not an offer to sell securities.

Read at your own risk. Ask your doctor or pharmacist. Parental guidance advised. Always read the label. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Do not stamp. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. Contains non-milk fat. Date as postmark. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Use only in well-ventilated area. Price does not include taxes. Not for resale. Hand wash only. Keep away from sunlight. For a limited time only. No preservatives or additives. Keep away from pets and small children. Safety goggles required during use. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Please remain seated until the web page has come to a complete stop. Refrigerate after opening. Flammable. Must be 18 years or older. Seat backs and tray tables must be in the upright position. Repeat as necessary. Do not look directly into light. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. No salt, MSG, artificial colouring or flavoring added. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Pregnant women, the elderly, and children should avoid prolonged exposure to this product. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May contain nuts. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Do not use if safety seal is broken.

Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, accident, lightning, flood, hail storm, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, avalanche, earthquake or tremor, hurricane, solar activity, meteorite strike, nearby supernova and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper or unauthorised use, incorrect line voltage, unauthorised use, unauthorised repair, improper installation, typographical errors, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, microwave ovens or mobile phones, sonic boom vibrations, ionising radiation, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, disk failure, accidental file deletions, mud slides, forest fire, riots or other civil unrest, acts of terrorism or war, whether declared or not, explosive devices or projectiles (which can include, but may not be limited to, arrows, crossbow bolts, air gun pellets, bullets, shot, cannon balls, BBs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, ICBMs, or emissions of electromagnetic radiation such as radio waves, microwaves, infra-red radiation, visible light, UV, X-rays, alpha, beta and gamma rays, neutrons, neutrinos, positrons, N-rays, knives, stones, bricks, spit-wads, spears, javelins etc.).

Other restrictions may apply. Breach of these conditions is likely to cause unquantifiable loss that may not be capable of remedy by the payment of damages.

This supersedes all previous disclaimers

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 12:39 AM <3boysdad@...> wrote:
i hope someone responds too, as i'd like to see their thoughts. it seemed like the 'easy button' as far as setup went, so i jumped on it.

...i bought this, along with a kit last month, but i won't be breaking out until Christmas this year...b

jotukker@...

I bought it but still have to built it in, so I can't say how it works.

Greeting Wim (PA1SW)

Roy Appleton

Is there any kind of used manual with this product. The website has lots of fancy phrases and buzz words but I'm not too sure what all it's actually capable of doing?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 2:05 AM <jotukker@...> wrote:
I bought it but still have to built it in, so I can't say how it works.

Greeting Wim (PA1SW)

Roy Appleton

Sorry. . . "user manual"

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:24 AM Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Is there any kind of used manual with this product. The website has lots of fancy phrases and buzz words but I'm not too sure what all it's actually capable of doing?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 2:05 AM <jotukker@...> wrote:
I bought it but still have to built it in, so I can't say how it works.

Greeting Wim (PA1SW)

Michael Bouchereau

Kit projects has 3 DI kits left in stock. $15 each. + $8 assembled.

Mike
KI5FIS

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 11:20 PM Justin Phillips K5AXL <dolmdemon@...> wrote:
Has any used this board in their ubitx, and if so, how's it working? How was the installation? Any gotchas?

https://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/ubitx-digi-interface-module-add-on-board

JP
K5AXL

Justin Phillips K5AXL

Roy,

I'm not seeing a manual, they have a YouTube video with a description of the installation. It seems fairly simple. The thing that caught my attention is the built in sound card and isolated USB to the raduino, meaning you can get audio and CAT on a single USB connection. I ordered one, hold my beer..

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:25 AM Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Is there any kind of used manual with this product. The website has lots of fancy phrases and buzz words but I'm not too sure what all it's actually capable of doing?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 2:05 AM <jotukker@...> wrote:
I bought it but still have to built it in, so I can't say how it works.

Greeting Wim (PA1SW)

KG5MG

Also interested. I've started assembling but not sure what to do once I'm finished.  I'm hoping it will be self evident but ......

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Kit projects has 3 DI kits left in stock. $15 each. + $8 assembled.

Mike
KI5FIS

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 11:20 PM Justin Phillips K5AXL <dolmdemon@...> wrote:
Has any used this board in their ubitx, and if so, how's it working? How was the installation? Any gotchas?

https://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/ubitx-digi-interface-module-add-on-board

JP
K5AXL

Justin Phillips K5AXL

According to the TI forums, the PCM2904 is natively supported in Linux via standard USB audio class driver

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 12:03 PM KG5MG <kg5mg@...> wrote:
From the website it is supported by Windows. Does anyone know if it is supported by any Linux distro?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Kit projects has 3 DI kits left in stock. $15 each. + $8 assembled.

Mike
KI5FIS

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 11:20 PM Justin Phillips K5AXL <dolmdemon@...> wrote:
Has any used this board in their ubitx, and if so, how's it working? How was the installation? Any gotchas?

https://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/ubitx-digi-interface-module-add-on-board

JP
K5AXL

Cory King

Ordered mine a few weeks ago and should be in my mailbox any time now.  I'll post back with results -- super excited to get it working.

Cory King

So I got mine and installed it.  Was pretty easy to install, they have a drill template that made it easy to get the holes in the right place. Only complaint was the tiny little black coax wires for the audio were a pain in the arse to strip and solder in.  Should have just used my own wiring.  Windows picked up the drivers with no work on my part.

One thing I’ve noticed is when it transmits the TX audio bleeds through into my speaker.  And we aren’t talking just a faint bleed through but a very loud bleed through that is loudest when the volume is turned down.  If the TX level knob on the board is turned up, the bleed through audio is very clipped and distorted.  If turned down it goes away.

The video has a wiring diagram that says to hook the TX up to the MIC wire and ground—same two wires that go to the mic jack.  However in the video they also show it soldered right into the PCB instead of spliced into the actual wiring harness.  Not sure if that could be responsible for the bleed through or something else is going on.

one other thing, and this isn’t the fault of the kit, but Raduino resets itself upon power up  if the USB is plugged in unless you fix it.  If you don’t, your CAT control won’t work right.  http://www.hamskey.com/2018/01/ubitx-auto-reset-problem-and-solution.html?m=1

Gordon Gibby

This is SO COOL!!!   Looks like the sound card is built right in, and they handle the CAT commands also!   What a great development!!!   Delighted to see all of these innovations.

It *should* do winmor/ardop for winlink also...can someone confirm that???
Gordon Gibby

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM Cory King <cory@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the update Cory. Mine shows to be in Illinois now, so maybe a couple days away. Did you install the TX to the PCB or to the mic lines?

As for the Arduino reset issue, I have mine currently connected to the pc directly with no issues, other than the radiuno stays constantly powered, which is funny - I get some faint receive audio without the main power switched on. I have the Inkits 5" Nextion case, and I plan to install this digital interface underneath the ubitx board, and put the rx/tx knobs to the sides of the ptt/phones/key jacks. I'll probably keep the Inkits ports pcb on the back, and jump the usb from that to the digital board.

Cory King

I went into the wiring harness so nothing is permanently soldered into the main board.  Both for TX and RX.  Not sure if this is the cause of the audio bleed through.  I might write the vendor and see what they think...

as for the CAT control, this board just passes it through to the Raduino over the USB cable.  It doesn’t do any CAT control itself.  You’ll need to use firmware that can do CAT (CEC firmware is what I’m using).  The Raduino emulates something like an FT-517 or something like that...