Topics

any tips for debugging RFI issue? #ubitx-help

Diane Bruce

On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 07:43:28AM -0700, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
Mike,

Putting the wire in what is likely an aluminum gutter made it longer and likely not a bad thing.
Just make sure the eavestrough is well bonded. Oxides are wonderful
diodes.

Any metal you have available can be helpful!
Indeed.

Allison
Diane

--
- db@FreeBSD.org db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db

Mike KK7ER

Diane, the counterpoise wire is insulated.  I just threw it in the rain gutter to make it less obvious.

73 Mike KK7ER

MVS Sarma

Please try to insulate the edge if the wires to have overall insulation,

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Mike KK7ER <groupio@...> wrote:
Diane, the counterpoise wire is insulated.  I just threw it in the rain gutter to make it less obvious.

73 Mike KK7ER

Mike,

The wire will capacitively couple with the gutter if metal.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned but plastic coated wire has a different velocity factor that pure
copper in air. Coated wire needs to be shorter than bare copper.

Raj