Topics

Antuino to calculate db loss

iz oos

Hello Folks, finally Antuino knocked to my door! I have played with it plotting bandpass and notch filters. Nice and practical, however how do I determine the loss of my filters in terms of db using Antuino? Can you provide a simple example so I can get the trick?

iz oos

I mean the loss in db within the passband of the filter. Or a loss in a cable.

Il 16/ott/2019 12:17, "iz oos via Groups.Io" <and2oosiz2=gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

Hello Folks, finally Antuino knocked to my door! I have played with it plotting bandpass and notch filters. Nice and practical, however how do I determine the loss of my filters in terms of db using Antuino? Can you provide a simple example so I can get the trick?

Ooz,
Join us on the antuino group..

Set your center freq, select SNA mode.
Connect filter input to the top (antuino OUT) connecter and filter out to bottom (antuino IN) connector.
click Plot.

The plotted graph has a cursor at the center, you can move the cursor with the knob
and take readings at different spots.

Raj

At 16/10/2019, you wrote:

Il 16/ott/2019 12:17, "iz oos via Groups.Io" <and2oosiz2= gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

You should check if your unit needs a mod.. connect in to out and see what is the dB reading in SNA mode.
if more than -20 i.e -17 or -14 then you need to do a mod listed in the antuino group.

The readings will be wrong without the mod as the IF will be over driven.

Raj

iz oos

Hi Raj, yesterday when I tried to join the Antuino group I got the answer that my email was already added. But apparently I am not receiving the emails.

The version I have was built in late August and It showed values if I remember right (I have not it here right now) - 19 or - 21db depending on frequency. It is clear to me how to plot and see the readings on different frequencies but I cannot see how to measure the insertion losses eg. Maybe I have just to study the whole messages I missed on the Antuino group!

Il 16/ott/2019 13:18, "Raj vu2zap" <rajendrakumargg@...> ha scritto:
Ooz,

Connect filter input to the top (antuino OUT) connecter and filter out to bottom (antuino IN) connector.
click Plot.

The plotted graph has a cursor at the center, you can move the cursor with the knob

Raj

Il 16/ott/2019 12:17, "iz oos via Groups.Io" <and2oosiz2= gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

What you read with antuinos In-Out direct connected is base number.

If you base is -21 and you get a reading of -26dbm then your loss is
5db

I wish I has an antuino 30-40 years back!

Have fun
--
Raj

Hi Raj, yesterday when I tried to join the Antuino group I got the answer that my email was already added. But apparently I am not receiving the emails.

The version I have was built in late August and It showed values if I remember right (I have not it here right now) - 19 or - 21db depending on frequency. It is clear to me how to plot and see the readings on different frequencies but I cannot see how to measure the insertion losses eg. Maybe I have just to study the whole messages I missed on the Antuino group!

Il 16/ott/2019 13:18, "Raj vu2zap" < rajendrakumargg@...> ha scritto:
Ooz,

click Plot.

Raj

iz oos

I see. I get - 17db rf out. So I added a non inductive -6db 2ghz attenuator and I get - 20db. Now I see insertion losses.

Il 16/ott/2019 15:34, "Raj vu2zap" <rajendrakumargg@...> ha scritto:

5db

Have fun
--
Raj

Ooz,

click Plot.

Raj

iz oos

Thanks Raj for the great hint! I feel lucky I haven't waited 40 years for Antuino. It's really cleverly designed!!!

Il 16/ott/2019 19:28, "iz oos via Groups.Io" <and2oosiz2=gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

I see. I get - 17db rf out. So I added a non inductive -6db 2ghz attenuator and I get - 20db. Now I see insertion losses.

Il 16/ott/2019 15:34, "Raj vu2zap" <rajendrakumargg@...> ha scritto:

5db

Have fun
--
Raj

Ooz,

click Plot.

Raj

Welcome, I feel that there are lot more features to come in Antuino hardware V2. Specially
built in attenuators and more accurate db/swr readings.

Raj

At 18/10/2019, you wrote:

Thanks Raj for the great hint! I feel lucky I haven't waited 40 years for Antuino. It's really cleverly designed!!!

Il 16/ott/2019 19:28, "iz oos via Groups.Io" <and2oosiz2= gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

Il 16/ott/2019 15:34, "Raj vu2zap" < rajendrakumargg@...> ha scritto:

5db

Have fun
--
Raj

Ooz,
click Plot.
Raj