Topics

Antuino 2.0

Daniel Walter

Josh,
thanks. I’ll see if I can get one of my Arduino savvy friends to upload this.
--
Dan, NM3A

KE2GKB

Josh, With this new code you can no longer select frequency calibration it seems as well!

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

WoodJRx@...

hahahaha!  You're right!  I hadn't noticed that.  I'm no programmer, I'm just someone learning / bumbling their way through.  I did my best to merge Bruce Hall's amazing improvments into my own minor changes, and I apparently missed that / screwed that up!  I'll look into it shortly and see if I can figure out how to fix it.

~Josh
W0ODJ

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM KE2GKB via Groups.Io <tkeller=keepdream.in@groups.io> wrote:

Josh, With this new code you can no longer select frequency calibration it seems as well!

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

WoodJRx@...

Still working on the code, but I was able to borrow a 72db step attenuator from a fellow ham.  With Bruce Hall's (bhall66)'s improved code, my Antuino is showing pretty good linearity (in my opinion).  I'm pretty sure I'm having more issues with the attenuator (as it is a slide switch design) providing consistent attenuation than issues with the Antuino.

Linearity.png

Still tinkering...

~Josh
W0ODJ

Ashhar Farhan

Josh,
the non-linearity, is primarily due to the first IF amp (between the diode mixer and the crystal filter) running out of steam. Change the R18 to 51 ohms (or just solder a 100 ohms across the existing 100 ohms resistor). That should bring up the linearity quite a bit. I notice a 10 db increase. I am collating a few tweaks of changing resistor values to get better linearity. I will post them in a day when I confirm that it works with a few more boards.

- f

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 1:23 AM <WoodJRx@...> wrote:
Still working on the code, but I was able to borrow a 72db step attenuator from a fellow ham.  With Bruce Hall's (bhall66)'s improved code, my Antuino is showing pretty good linearity (in my opinion).  I'm pretty sure I'm having more issues with the attenuator (as it is a slide switch design) providing consistent attenuation than issues with the Antuino.

Linearity.png

Still tinkering...

~Josh
W0ODJ

Bruce Hall

This is great news.  Thank you!

Bruce.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 2:08 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
[...]

Rob Bleumer

Hi All,
I was comparing the version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Antuino.
Probabely i missed something. I see the schematics and I see the clock crystal of the SI5351  being in version 1.0 25MHz. and in the version 2.0  27MHz.
So there must be also something different in the SI 5351.ino file or so I think for the calibration. I'm not a programmer, but try to understand the schematics and program before building.
Rob PA0RBL

Ashhar Farhan

Rob,
we had to change the clock to 27 MHz (probably, i didnt edit the schematic properly) as the IF of Antuino is itself at 25 Mhz and the clock crystal would have created a spur right in the middle of the passband. The early Antuino had a 16x2 text LCD display, just 80 of them were made as a workshop project for our club's annual convention. After that, I felt it necessary to add graphics display. I chose a 128x64 LCD display as it provides good readability in the field (it is quite sunny most of the time here), The TFT displays didnt work too well and they drew a lot of current too. The existing Antuino draws about 60 ma when powered up. That will make it last a very long time from a set of six AA dry cells (At 1000 mA-hour rating, it means, that they can be operated for 16 hours continuously before the battery runs out).
73, f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 2:21 AM Rob Bleumer <Bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I was comparing the version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Antuino.
Probabely i missed something. I see the schematics and I see the clock crystal of the SI5351  being in version 1.0 25MHz. and in the version 2.0  27MHz.
So there must be also something different in the SI 5351.ino file or so I think for the calibration. I'm not a programmer, but try to understand the schematics and program before building.
Rob PA0RBL

Don--AE4DW

It appears there is still a lot of tweaking being done to get the Antuino where it needs to be for mass production and sale.

Is there a new target date for when it will be available to us (anxious and loyal) hfsignals customers?

jasonbrambach

Where does one buy the Antuino? I have looked at HFSignals sight for weeks and see only the description and a note saying, "It will be on sale from June 2019." Of course, there is no simple way to contact you through your website, F. Thank you for your help. Much obliged, Jay~ KY9I

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK

Jason, as you can see from Farhan’s comment a few replies back, he is still ironing out the last wrinkles in the design. You will have to wait a little longer. Just watch this group, I assume we will be the first ones to know ;)

--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK