Topics

Antuino 2.0

Daniel Walter

Tried out my Antuino 2.0 during FD and was a bit disappointed. While the SWR curve and minimum agreed with other meters, SWR was rather far off. a 1.1:1 20 M antenna read as 2.5:1 on the Antuino. Other antennas were similar. Now home, I checked SWR with a 51ohm pure resistive resistor and it reads 1.2:1 at 14.1 MHz. a 100 ohm pure resistive resistor read 3.5:1 on 20 meters! Any ideas on how to calibrate to make this accurate?
--
Dan, NM3A

Ashhar Farhan

You can recalibrate. Hold down the button when you switch it on, it falls into calibration menu..choose power calibration and let it do its work

On Sun 30 Jun, 2019, 9:26 PM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io, <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tried out my Antuino 2.0 during FD and was a bit disappointed. While the SWR curve and minimum agreed with other meters, SWR was rather far off. a 1.1:1 20 M antenna read as 2.5:1 on the Antuino. Other antennas were similar. Now home, I checked SWR with a 51ohm pure resistive resistor and it reads 1.2:1 at 14.1 MHz. a 100 ohm pure resistive resistor read 3.5:1 on 20 meters! Any ideas on how to calibrate to make this accurate?
--
Dan, NM3A

Daniel Walter

Will try it.   BTW is a user manual/ documentation available yet?
--
Dan, NM3A

Daniel Walter

Tried Recalibration. Transiently, SWR read 2.6:1 with 100 ohm non-inductive resistor, then went back to 3.5:1. So no real change.
--
Dan, NM3A

ohwenzelph

Antuino 2.0 ???
have I missed two versions?
other than briefly during a short window of time while at the hamvention that used to be in Dayton, are any of these available?
on line it says something like “from June”
though it does specify 2019 for the year for June, I recently was surprised to find out it is now already currently July
i would indeed prefer to order a product that reliably functions as intended, and it is worth waiting for development that approximates that degree of achievement...
i would hate to think that I missed it

—with apt anticipation

Ashhar Farhan

Dan,
Have you recalibrated the frequency as well? What frequency did you try the 100 ohms at?
- f

On Mon 1 Jul, 2019, 5:24 PM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io, <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tried Recalibration. Transiently, SWR read 2.6:1 with 100 ohm non-inductive resistor, then went back to 3.5:1. So no real change.
--
Dan, NM3A

Daniel Walter

Recalibrated both. Little difference. Occasionally reads 2.3:1 then goes back to 3.5 (wth 100 ohm non inductive load.) Pretty much the same from 8-30 MHz. 200ohm load shows 8.7:1 SWR. Same loads on VK5JST analyzer shows 2:1 and 4:1 (+/- 2% and pure resistive) over same frequency range.
--
Dan, NM3A

At 50 Ohms with a dummy I get 1:1 sometimes 1:1.1 right across the spectrum.
Tried 30Mhz +- 25 then 50 and also 100 mHz.

at 75 = 2.3
at (50 || 50) 25 = 3.5 << should be same for 100 ohms

Sometimes the values are erratic.

Raj

At 03-07-19, you wrote:
Recalibrated both. Little difference. Occasionally reads 2.3:1 then goes back to 3.5 (wth 100 ohm non inductive load.) Pretty much the same from 8-30 MHz. 200ohm load shows 8.7:1 SWR. Same loads on VK5JST analyzer shows 2:1 and 4:1 (+/- 2% and pure resistive) over same frequency range.
--
Dan, NM3A

David Wilcox

I have experienced the same thing and at times thr SWR just jumps all over. I keep resetting it and calibrating it and when it does settle down it is solid and gives the same results as my other meter (YouKits FG-01). Am waiting for more info on how to deal with this issue. It also happens with a good MFJ 30 watt dummy load.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

At 03-07-19, you wrote:
Recalibrated both. Little difference. Occasionally reads 2.3:1 then goes back to 3.5 (wth 100 ohm non inductive load.) Pretty much the same from 8-30 MHz. 200ohm load shows 8.7:1 SWR. Same loads on VK5JST analyzer shows 2:1 and 4:1 (+/- 2% and pure resistive) over same frequency range.
--
Dan, NM3A

Rob Bleumer

HI all,
I had the experience that the AD8307 is verry sensitive to HF signals. For my sweeperino I had to protect it by puting it in a shielded box. Even my WSPR transmitters 0.2W were disturbing the messurements in my shack with mij Sweeperino build with RAZZIES solution of dragons . Here I see no protection at all and many HF signals coming from SI5351.
I propose puting it in a seperate shielded compartment even so the 25Mhz filters to avoid problems.
Rob PA0RBL

David Wilcox

The Antuino that Farhan sold at FDIM comes in a metal case.  I have no stray RF in my shack..... all xcvrs are turned off when using the Antuino.  Mine runs from internal battery power so no power supply noise.  Keep the suggestions coming.  It is a neat idea and is accurate (compared to my other analyzer) when it settles down.  I just put a dummy load on it and turn it off and on until it reads 1:1.  Sometimes it never does so I shut it off and do other things.  The next day it works again.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jul 4, 2019, at 9:40 AM, Rob Bleumer <rob.bleumer@...> wrote:

HI all,
I had the experience that the AD8307 is verry sensitive to HF signals. For my sweeperino I had to protect it by puting it in a shielded box. Even my WSPR transmitters 0.2W were disturbing the messurements in my shack with mij Sweeperino build with RAZZIES solution of dragons . Here I see no protection at all and many HF signals coming from SI5351.
I propose puting it in a seperate shielded compartment even so the 25Mhz filters to avoid problems.
Rob PA0RBL

Rob Bleumer

Hi all,
I do not talking about the genetal enclosure but inside the enclosure protect AD8307 and the 25Mhz filters and amplifiers with an extra hf shielding.
Rob PA0RBL

Ashhar Farhan

I suspect (i havent checked) that this is because of inaccurate adc readings. Sometimes the adc takes repetitive readings to get it right.
- f

On Fri 5 Jul, 2019, 9:42 PM Rob Bleumer, <rob.bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I do not talking about the genetal enclosure but inside the enclosure protect AD8307 and the 25Mhz filters and amplifiers with an extra hf shielding.
Rob PA0RBL

VISWANATHAN R ELAYIDOM

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 9:33 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
I suspect (i havent checked) that this is because of inaccurate adc readings. Sometimes the adc takes repetitive readings to get it right.
- f

On Fri 5 Jul, 2019, 9:42 PM Rob Bleumer, <rob.bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I do not talking about the genetal enclosure but inside the enclosure protect AD8307 and the 25Mhz filters and amplifiers with an extra hf shielding.
Rob PA0RBL

--
Which is the latest version

VISWANATHAN R ELAYIDOM

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 10:00 AM VISWANATHAN R ELAYIDOM via Groups.Io <vu2eaf9=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 9:33 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
I suspect (i havent checked) that this is because of inaccurate adc readings. Sometimes the adc takes repetitive readings to get it right.
- f

On Fri 5 Jul, 2019, 9:42 PM Rob Bleumer, <rob.bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I do not talking about the genetal enclosure but inside the enclosure protect AD8307 and the 25Mhz filters and amplifiers with an extra hf shielding.
Rob PA0RBL

--
Which is the latest version

--
Which is the latest version

Daniel Walter

Farhan,

So, what’s the answer? Does the AD8307 need to be changed? This does not seem to be necessary as my readings are pretty consistent, just inaccurate. Would Arduino firmware programming changes fix it? If so, I don’t think that is something I have equipment or expertise to do although I may have club members who could.
--
Dan, NM3A

WoodJRx@...

I've attached to hex files (compiled binaries).  I'd recommend trying mine (ported to OpenGLCD, added bhall66's linearity and encoder fixes), and doing calibration afterwards.  I'm quite happy with my devices accuracy and functionality, particularly with those improvements.  If that doesn't work to improve things, i've also included a compiled binary of the original code from Farhan.  That will return it to the way you received it.  With the hex files you just have to worry about setting up the Arduino IDE to connect - you don't have to worry about libraries, compiling, etc.  (IDE settings - Board:  Arduino Nano; Processor: ATMega328P (Old Bootloader); Port:  Whatever it is on your system)

Mine seems just as accurate as any other equipment I have here (which is admittedly nothing even remotely near lab grade).  YMMV. Let me know how it goes!

~Josh
W0ODJ

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

So, what’s the answer? Does the AD8307 need to be changed? This does not seem to be necessary as my readings are pretty consistent, just inaccurate. Would Arduino firmware programming changes fix it? If so, I don’t think that is something I have equipment or expertise to do although I may have club members who could.
--
Dan, NM3A

KE2GKB

With this updated firmware and a jumper I am still seeing -13dB in SNA mode? Is this still considered normal? I also see some un-linearity with some pads but ill blame that on lack of calibration for my unit.

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

can we have a link to the source code for those of us that don't want to argue with AVRdude
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com