Topics

AGC problems

Mike WA0YCN

I thought I had the AGC board that came with my amateurradiokits Nextion Case wired correctly, but although it seems to be managing gain level, I’m not sure. I noticed that as I adjust the volume higher, the S meter level goes up (as if it was a volume level meter).  I have the audio input of the AGC board wired to the connector labeled AGC V on the audio amp.  That wouldn’t seem to be correct since that Is essentially the speaker output from the ubitx (which would vary based on volume level). The instructions provided for the board indicate that the audio input connection should be to the high side of the volume pot, which makes sense.  However, when I try connecting there, it mutes my audio.

Would anyone be able to offer some assistance please?

Thanks.

Mike

Justin Phillips K5AXL

May not be related but have a look at: