From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerard
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:20 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Adaptator for Nextion

Hello,
I have a much larger Nextion screen, but it does not have the connection with the 4 Wires (-,+,TX,RX)
Everything is done on the tablecloth 40 points.
I would like to know if there is an adapter that could transfer the Rx, Tx signal, to connect on the tablecloth 40 points. I did not find.
In case that
Cdt

…_. _._

Evan Hand

Gerard,
MadRadioModder is correct.  To use this display you would need to go back to the v6 type of interface where the Nano is doing all the heavy work on filling out the screen.  There may be a serial to parallel converter for it.  I did not try to look that up.

My suggestion is to either use on another project, return, or sell.  If you really want to use it on your uBITX build, then I would suggest a stronger processor than the Nano as you will need more processing and I/O to make it work.

73
Evan
AC9TU

barry halterman

That display looks like one for an arduino R3. I could be wrong.
Barry

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 4:51 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Gerard,
MadRadioModder is correct.  To use this display you would need to go back to the v6 type of interface where the Nano is doing all the heavy work on filling out the screen.  There may be a serial to parallel converter for it.  I did not try to look that up.

My suggestion is to either use on another project, return, or sell.  If you really want to use it on your uBITX build, then I would suggest a stronger processor than the Nano as you will need more processing and I/O to make it work.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Rene

Hahaha made the same misstake cause of cheap screen by Aliexpress. Also looked for an adaptor....didn't find 1. So bought an original Nextion for about 16 dollars, now verry happy
Regards,
Rene
Neherlands