Topics

A strong recommendation

Ashhar Farhan

Bill posted that the EMRFD (Experimental Methods in RF Design by Wes Hayward, Rick Campell and Bob Larkin is having a clearance sale at $20.

I can't recommend this book enough. It is choke full of circuits, transceivers, and each paragraph is a lifetime's wisdom of radio science and craft.

It is a very unusual book. Each page has at least two if not more circuits on it. With very little exceptions, the authors have actually built and tested each and every of those circuits. The measured figures are directly from their benches. It is a strong demonstration of what's possible from our modest homelabs.

The book was probably finished in 2003. I got my copy through a friend in Stockholm and I was so excited with the book that within a week of coming back I had my first transceiver built.

I haven't finished reading it still, by the way. Take it one page at a time, go back and re-read it again. It has very little maths, a lot of insights and lots of education. At 20 dollars, this is the best investment a homebrewer can make. It is a how-to and a reference book rolled into one.

The have also thrown in PDF versions of Introduction ot RF Design, and Solid State Design on the accompanying CD that has other very useful articles too.

- f

Dave New, N8SBE

Highly recommended.  I have the original print edition, as well as the SSDRA and RF Design books.

Endless hours of fascinating reading....

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE

[...]

Ben Holmes

Appreciate the recommendation... ordered.

Jason Pirok

Got mine!

--
Jason Pirok
W4UNX

ronmhauser@...

I appreciate the heads up on clearance, I had been wanting this for a while ... and now I have it

Thanks!
73
-Ron
K0EIA