Topics

locked A new development board from Seeed Studio #off_topic

wetzk@...

Thought I would post to add a new device that looks very interesting. Seeed Studio who I have purchased from in the past has a new device coming out shortly that can be preordered.  This was copied from the site page.. Compatible with Arduino and MicroPython, Wio Terminal is an ATSAMD51-based microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN. Its CPU speed runs at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz). Realtek RTL8720DN chip supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi providing the backbone for IoT projects. The Wio Terminal itself is equipped with a 2.4” LCD Screen, onboard IMU(LIS3DHTR), Microphone, Buzzer, microSD card slot, Light sensor, and Infrared Emitter(IR 940nm).
https://www.seeedstudio.com/Wio-Terminal-p-4509.html
It plugs into a raspberry pi GPIO port and looks very interesting.

And another device they offer which I have found useful is a tiny board with a SAMD21 microchip.
https://www.seeedstudio.com/Seeeduino-XIAO-Arduino-Microcontroller-SAMD21-Cortex-M0+-p-4426.html