Topics

Spare/replacement part

Michael Davis <maddmd818@...>

T2 on my Bitx40 is intermittent. By that I mean, if I nudge it my receiver cuts out, if I move it, it comes back on. I have re-soldered the circuit board connections and have removed T2 from an old Bitx40 board. The leads are short and before I attempt to unsolder the bad T2, I though I'd ask if there is a way to buy a spare. I am going to examine the connections more closely with my computer microscope first. Is T1 identical to T2? Any others on the board identical. Thanks

Jerry Gaffke

The inductors for the Bitx40 are described by Farhan at the bottom of
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/bitx40-circuit-description/

If you want to buy cores, I'd first look at     http://www.kitsandparts.com/
Buy his $12 SWR meter here   http://www.kitsandparts.com/bridge1.4.php
if wishing to justify the shipping charge.
Prices are shown when you click "Place Order".

But most likely the old core is just fine.

Jerry

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 11:33 am, Michael Davis wrote:
T2 on my Bitx40 is intermittent. By that I mean, if I nudge it my receiver cuts out, if I move it, it comes back on. I have re-soldered the circuit board connections and have removed T2 from an old Bitx40 board. The leads are short and before I attempt to unsolder the bad T2, I though I'd ask if there is a way to buy a spare. I am going to examine the connections more closely with my computer microscope first. Is T1 identical to T2? Any others on the board identical. Thanks

James Lawrie

Check to see if coils are touching any smts. One of my bitx coils was soldered to a resistor, I guess during final assembly it was up against it and got hot enough to stick. I’m going one by one checking missing parts, bad solder joint, etc.

Hope this helps

On Jan 31, 2018, at 13:33, Michael Davis <maddmd818@...> wrote:

T2 on my Bitx40 is intermittent. By that I mean, if I nudge it my receiver cuts out, if I move it, it comes back on. I have re-soldered the circuit board connections and have removed T2 from an old Bitx40 board. The leads are short and before I attempt to unsolder the bad T2, I though I'd ask if there is a way to buy a spare. I am going to examine the connections more closely with my computer microscope first. Is T1 identical to T2? Any others on the board identical. Thanks

As for T2 remove it from the board and check if the insulation has been removed from all leads. I have seen cases where one lead of coil still had the insulation causing an intermittent connection such as you have described.