5 volts in uBITX V6

Aaron K5ATG

Thank you, Evan,
That page has a lot of good information.
--
'72
Aaron K5ATG

Evan Hand

Aaron,

There are 5 volts available on the connector for the tuning encoder.  The clipped green wire is the 5-volt pin.  The wire-up instructions for the v4 and v5 show the pin uses.  They are the same as the v6 control connector.
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx-wire-up/

The v6 came with an extra wired connector that can be used for parts to replace the clipped wire.  Either replace the clipped pin and wire or desolder and connect the encoder.  Note also that the Audio connector is on the mainboard.  It has connections to the audio signals for the input.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Max

There is 5v available on the Raduino board. I think that would be a better place. I doubt that circuit draws much current so it shouldn't be a problem.

Now I want to build one. Just what I needed, another project.

Thanks for posting that.

Max

On Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 08:04:16 PM CST, Aaron K5ATG via groups.io <k5atg@...> wrote:

I'm building A Visual Zero-Beat Tuning Aid from Howard K4LXY's website.

I need 5 volts for it in my uBITX. I would like to know the best way for me to get the five volts. I have looked at getting it from the Arduino Nano, but is there a better way to do it?

--
'72
Aaron K5ATG

Aaron K5ATG