Topics

Antenna connector continuity Ubitx

César EA3IAV

Hello! Is it normal to have continuity between the two antenna pins? I mean the p2 connector

i have desoldered the coqx just in case. Still continuity...

Arvo W0VRA

I can follow a trace from P2 to ground through an inductor, so at DC, like your DMM would be using to check that, I'd say yes.

And if someone who knows what they're talking about will agree, I'll give myself a high five.

Jerry Gaffke

Looking at the uBitx schematic, it shows the relays in the receive state.
On receive, there's a DC path to ground going through K3, K1, L1,2,3,4 and T3
On transmit, with the band select relays as shown for 30m, there's a path through KT1, L13,12,11 and T11.
Hi five!

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:33 pm, Arvo KD9HLC wrote:
I can follow a trace from P2 to ground through an inductor, so at DC, like your DMM would be using to check that, I'd say yes.

Arvo W0VRA

Woot!

Arvo W0VRA

Hey, César, are you using the case as a heat sink for the PA?

César EA3IAV

That is what i tried but i think i blew something :(

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

The tab of the pa transistors is live you need to insulate them from the chassis look for burnt copper tracks chris

On 25 Jan 2018 21:15, "César EA3IAV" <Cesarleon@...> wrote:
That is what i tried but i think i blew something :(

KD8CGH

I learned from an accidental grounding on my Bitx40 that pcb traces make hard to replace fuses.
    Bob   KD8CGH

César EA3IAV

So, you think the finals are fine? The radio turns on and receives... but I see no output on the external power meter... though i hear myself on a nearby radio

César EA3IAV

I did insulate them... no continuity between tab and screw. I check both... i din’t know what happened but as soon as i separated the fers from the box chasis it was fine