uBitx CAD schematics? #kicad #crocodileclips

fyysik@...

Did you heard anything about editable version of uBitx schematic diagram? KiCAd or whatelse? I wish to develop and publish h/w hacks in normal way, not photoshopping pdf-extracted bitmap.
(Red-green A.Farhan's schematics palette was part of ancient CrocodileClips CAD, btw , but unsure what he uses in reality)

Arv Evans

Since the uBITX is mostly public domain it does sound reasonable
for the schematic to be available in user editable format.  Problem
is if the as-built schematic is opened for public editing it quickly
becomes unmanageable and not useful as a reference document.

What is done is really up to Farhan.  Possibly an editable copy of
the original schematic could be offered as a download but still
keep the original in frozen format...?

Arv
_._

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 1:34 PM <fyysik@...> wrote:
Did you heard anything about editable version of uBitx schematic diagram? KiCAd or whatelse? I wish to develop and publish h/w hacks in normal way, not photoshopping pdf-extracted bitmap.
(Red-green A.Farhan's schematics palette was part of ancient CrocodileClips CAD, btw , but unsure what he uses in reality)

Ashhar Farhan

It is a good idea. Let me add that to the ubitx repo today.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021, 1:23 AM Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks.
_._

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 5:21 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
[...]

Gerard

fyysik@...

Your Workshop is fundamental work! :)

Gerard

Hello,

Read the article carefully
There have been some malfunctions on this mount.
If you want to redo the circuit with Kicad, the whole layout of the components and the ground must be reviewed. The plots are too long and induce.
There are interactions with the SI5351 and the amplifier, etc.

Homebrew uBITx with through hole components – uBitx
Take inspiration from this. (If you want)
Transforming it into SMD components would be a good thing by keeping the same implementation for example and adding some extra (ex CAG, Big amplifier, etc), also Compare with the schematics of the Ubitx V6 for some modifications.
Careful, a lot of people broke their teeth on the gerber files.
There are inconsistencies. See the posts.

Good luck

Bruce Morrell

Which repository are the cad files going to be posted??  The one I have found does not show any cad files..... Bruce

Gerard

hello,

here
AMP Lab at Virginia Tech - uBitx Workshop (google.com)

on the bottom of the link

this is the only kicad project I could find on the whole planet. LOL
Download the workshop Ubitx. zip

Gerard

I specify as stated on the site. THE ASSEMBLY DOES NOT GIVE GOOD RESULTS.
It becomes a base of work to do again. So work with KICAD and made a new PCB.
good luck