Topics

Bitx40v3 wiring up Raduino query. #bitx40help

G1WDF

Just spending some time today finishing off my bitx40v3.
I have a couple of questions.
8 pin connector installed. 5 spare wires? Is that normal?
5 pin connector installation halted for now.
Hfsigs website has black wire to dc socket and orange to power switch on volume.
Black to negative? Orange to positive?
Yellow wire not connected?
Just want to be certain, have let magisc smoke out too many times in the past.

Cheers, Richard.

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

On the basic bitx 40 yellow, green,blue is all you use  on the 8 pin connector till you upgrade the raduino chris

On 17 Jan 2018 16:49, "G1WDF" <wobblyandflo@...> wrote:
Just spending some time today finishing off my bitx40v3.
I have a couple of questions.
8 pin connector installed. 5 spare wires? Is that normal?
5 pin connector installation halted for now.
Hfsigs website has black wire to dc socket and orange to power switch on volume.
Black to negative? Orange to positive?
Yellow wire not connected?
Just want to be certain, have let magisc smoke out too many times in the past.

Cheers, Richard.

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

On the 5 pin connector black -v. Orange +v red rf out  brown earth yellow not used on basic bitx  you can find the wire up page under bitx 40 on the HF signals web page chris

On 17 Jan 2018 17:59, "chris gress" <Chrisg0wfh@...> wrote:
On the basic bitx 40 yellow, green,blue is all you use  on the 8 pin connector till you upgrade the raduino chris

On 17 Jan 2018 16:49, "G1WDF" <wobblyandflo@...> wrote:
Just spending some time today finishing off my bitx40v3.
I have a couple of questions.
8 pin connector installed. 5 spare wires? Is that normal?
5 pin connector installation halted for now.
Hfsigs website has black wire to dc socket and orange to power switch on volume.
Black to negative? Orange to positive?
Yellow wire not connected?
Just want to be certain, have let magisc smoke out too many times in the past.

Cheers, Richard.

G1WDF

Thanks Chris, just as I thought, but the web page is not specific. I've ruined previous projects by making assumptions.

Cheers, Richard.

Doug W

Make sure you remove the unused wires from the connector or at the very least cover them with electrical tape.

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

Its on the site click bitx 40 its then listed as wire up all the info you need is there chris

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 01:42 pm, chris gress wrote:
Its on the site click bitx 40 its then listed as wire up all the info you need is there chris
Yes, that's where I got the info from. It is not specific in all respects.
I've had kits before that never work 100% or even work at all.
If the Bitx40 works then I will have a go at my uBitx, if not I''ll sell the uBitx.

Cheers, Richard.

KC9SGV <kc9sgv@...>

My Bitx40 just assembled and works well.
Even aligned the frequency by ear listening to existing fixed frequency nets by shorting the red wire to ground with a crocodile clipped jumper as described.
I am very impressed so far.
Made some excellent QSO's so far.

Now for the software and hardware upgrades....

Bernie,
KC9SGV

Sent from my iPad