si5351a-b-gt Vs si5351a-b-gtr

Zvi Segal

Thanks for info ūü§†
--
Zvika
4Z1ZV

Gary Anderson

Jerry,
Agree. Wasn't arguing with ya. Actually was in the process of just replying (you know, sometimes you get distractions), and I didn't catch that you answered.
.. otherwise I wouldn't have.  Same part. Q.E.D.
Gary

Jerry Gaffke

Bottom line, doesn't matter, all the same chip.

But it is curious:

Mouser says GT gets shipped in a tube,  GTR is a reel, or tape cut from a reel.
They'll sell you either one in single chip quantities.

Datasheet from SiLabs says GT is "coil tape", GTR is "tape and reel".
Not obvious to me what that distinction might be, but Gary could be right and GT is cut tape.
There are occasional errors in SiLabs docs for the Si535, especially AN619.

Pick and place machines can usually take a mix of tubes and reels.

Jerry

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM, Gary Anderson wrote:
No difference in the chip or package.
suffix GTR just denotes tape and reel... for large quantities used in manufacturing / pick and place you most likely would want inventory on a reel.
GT is just the cut tape.... a small section of the same tape that would be on a reel.
Gary

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 12:28 PM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
GTR means comes off a reel, you get them as cut tape.
GT means they come in a tube.

Gary Anderson

No difference in the chip or package.
suffix GTR just denotes tape and reel... for large quantities used in manufacturing / pick and place you most likely would want inventory on a reel.
GT is just the cut tape.... a small section of the same tape that would be on a reel.
Gary

Jerry Gaffke

GTR means comes off a reel, you get them as cut tape.
GT means they come in a tube.

Makes no difference, unless you are buying thousands to put into your automatic pick-and-place machine.

See page 34 of the datasheet for ordering information about other part number differences.
But either of those should work fine on the uBitx.
    https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/data-sheets/Si5351-B.pdf

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 11:42 AM, Zvi Segal wrote:

What is the difference between these two chips ?

Which one is preferred ?

Zvi Segal