V6 Raduino and uBitx Manager

SM6MOJ

I was impressed by the neat way V6 can be calibrated. But when I wanted to use uBitx Manager to save the calibration, I have problems. All attempts to connect to the Arduino have failed. I have used 38400 Baud and all other Baud rates in the specification, several different USB cables, but nothing helped.

Should I assume that the Arduino is faulty and use another one?

When I try to compile the source code, I get a fault code - stray "\302" in program, from "encoder.cpp"

Andrew, SM6MOJ

Evan Hand

Andrew,

First off, you must have the KD8CEC firmware loaded into the µBITX Nano on the Raduino.  That also means that you need to have either one of the original 1602 displays or a Nextion display as the KD8CEC software does not work with the stock v6 display.

If you have the KD8CEC software installed, then what operating system are you using?

Let us know more details of your v6.  What display and what version of the software.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Jack, W8TEE

Andrew:

This is an octal representation on an ASCII code, perhaps Unicode character set. Try this: Load the offending source code into the IDE and search for all of the double-quote marks. When you find one, re-type it from within the IDE. I've had situations where the double-quote marks are from the Unicode character set and the IDE doesn't know what to do with it, so it upchucks an error message. I've had the same problem with single quote marks. Unfortunately, I've slept since then, so I don't remember the numeric codes I was seeing in the error messages. I don't know if this will fix it, but it's worth a try.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Arv Evans

Andrew

You probably know that there are two different types of USB cable.  Some only
have the DC power leads and are used for charging downstream devices.
Others include the two data leads and are used for both charging and data
exchange.

Basic test for an Arduino is to load it with the "blink" program and see if the
on-board led blinks.  Of course this means you will have to re-load the uBITX
code to restore normal BITX functions.

Arv
_._