uBITX V6 Aligment and CAT #calibration #cat

HB9FIH

Tnx Curt , I solved this within CEC 1.2 (Vic told me where to set) now its ok for me.

--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Curt

Erich

The 700 Hz offset is due to the stock firmware not having a true cw mode. So if you don't like doing the math the CEC firmware fixes this. Otherwise sounds like your ubitx is working nicely.

Curt wb8yyy

HB9FIH

TNX Vic...

Your'e right - some are exactly on the QRG other not. Thats the avantges of the human sig regognizing.

---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Vic WA4THR

I  think some people just tune for a tone different than the offset in their radio, so they don't always end up on the same frequency, but that is where RIT helps. I also see some pretty significant errors in frequencies reported by various SDR sites, so take those with a grain of salt. I think you have everything set right, but if you prefer a different "tone", just adjust the desired offset. Frankly, my ear is not always good at remembering tones, although I can certainly match tones to get on a frequency. I have a small ap in my cell phone that reports the frequency it is hearing and sometimes I play with that to see if things are centered right.

=Vic=

HB9FIH

Vic full success ...I am really happy

In the morning had the first QSO with CT7/K9PM with new settings..

Just now called on 14 060 - RBN's also in USA. then Aurel KY9KYO from Knox IN replied.

He was 419 he gave me 449 - I had 5-6 Watts.- he was quiet/weak but good to recognize bc no QRM.

Interesting the RBN was exactly on the QRG I called 14060 but Aurel replyed abt 180 Hz lower.

I'll watch for this, maybe in next QSO I'll ask for the exact QRG.

Could this be the CW RX BFO ?
--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Vic WA4THR

Very good, I  am glad it was fixed so easily. I do enjoy my BitX radios, too.

=Vic=

HB9FIH

Hi, just done ... wonderfull I see some QRP spots in RBN - tune to the QRG and they are here by +/- 10 Hz.

100% Solved

Muchs Gracias Vic
--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

HB9FIH

Thank you so much Vic - now its clear for me.

I'll do it today

It's an amazing radio. , it's my second here for QTH EA8.

The first a V5, I assembled last year in QTH SV8 (on my sailing ship with same problems. Will fix them too asap I am there from abt May.
--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Vic WA4THR

The default in the CEC software is to shift the transmitter on CW by the amount of CW offset, rather than the receiver as most rigs do. However, that is something that can be fixed by options in the Memory Manager software. If you select the boxes “Enabled Adjust CW Frequency” and “Shift Display Frequency on CWL, CWU Mode” and leave the “CW Freq Adjust Value” at zero (this adds to the CW offset or CW tone selected elsewhere), then the receiver will automatically shift up or down by the amount of the selected CW tone and appropriately for CWL and CWU such that the transmitter will be transmitting on the displayed frequency.

=Vic=

HB9FIH

Hi,

my V6 is working -

with kit-projects AGC

with SOTABEAMS VARI Audio Filter

with CEC 1.2 and Nextion 2.8"

Now the problems

Calibration:

A lot read and studies abt calibration....

Now I reached 100% accurate QRG (made with 15715 Voice of America, 9660 TUR, 5980 TUR, 9450, 9555 ARS, also Chinese Broadcast and TimeBeacons TX RU and USAon 9666, 10'000, 14996, 10'000, 15'000 (20'000 no condx) )

AM broadcast full clear and gd quality. The SSB Amateurs easy to tune and 100% clear.

CW now:

Sending CW:  uBITX shows 10117.00 - with CWU Twente receive my sig on 10117.72, with CWL see on Twente 10116.28

Sending CWL uBITX shows 21060 - twente receives my sig on 21059.3

Fact its abt 720 Hz on Side...CWL or CWU

Where I have to adjust ?

2.nd CAT - not so important but nice to have) (on Linux Mint Mate 20.1)

I connected to FLDIGI (FLRIG and with CAT in FLDigi) but are not able to etablish a connection.

Manager works, XLoad also works.

(I also have the FT-991A which works well with FLRig or CAT within Fldigi) - I prefere with FLRig.

The USB Cable is short and doubled shielded, the Port is well known - and works with Manager and XLoader.

Any suggestions ?

The report abt assembling the V6 is here (in German but with pictures)

http://www.hb9fih.org/?p=p_707&sName=ubitx-v-6--2020-2021

--
---
73 de Erich