New ubitx v6 on the way #bitx20

Kelly Mabry

Ordered the new v6.1 ubitx ...I just couldn't stay away....
I figured the second time would be charm for me. Glad to be back!! 
Friday feb. 12, It should be here.

Kelly KD5AJ 

Bill - AF5HD

May want to check with DHL if there are any delays. I just ordered one last week and is supposed to be delivered Feb 11th. But it’s been stuck in Germany with the snowstorm since Monday. 

Richard DeMartini

My uBITX is stuck in Germany with yours.

Sent from Outlook

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Bill - AF5HD <dunn.billy@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:42 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] New ubitx v6 on the way #bitx20

May want to check with DHL if there are any delays. I just ordered one last week and is supposed to be delivered Feb 11th. But it’s been stuck in Germany with the snowstorm since Monday. 

Justin Bowser - KI5GKD

Mine was shipped yesterday and supposed to be in my grubby paw on Monday...  :-)

On 2/10/2021 11:57 AM, Richard DeMartini wrote:

Sent from Outlook <http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Bill - AF5HD <dunn.billy@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:42 PM
*To:* BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [BITX20] New ubitx v6 on the way #bitx20

AI4AI

Mine was shipped yesterday as well, and I'm told to expect it Tuesday.  At present, it is somewhere between Bangalore and Jacksonville, FL (probably closer to Bangalore, at this writing).

On 2/10/21 1:41 PM, Justin Bowser - KI5GKD wrote:
Mine was shipped yesterday and supposed to be in my grubby paw on Monday...  :-)

On 2/10/2021 11:57 AM, Richard DeMartini wrote:

Sent from Outlook <http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Bill - AF5HD <dunn.billy@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:42 PM
*To:* BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [BITX20] New ubitx v6 on the way #bitx20

Kelly Mabry

Confirm stuck in Germany. Lol gonna be next week...

Kelly KD5AJ 

Justin Bowser - KI5GKD

I guess I'll be in the same boat with y'all - tracking says mine has departed Frankfurt

On 2/10/2021 5:35 PM, Kelly Mabry wrote:

Kelly KD5AJ

Justin Bowser - KI5GKD

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel that is not a train!  My tracking just updated and my package is now in Cincinnati! :-)

Kelly KD5AJ

AI4AI

haha..    the details on my tracking show that my radio spent 2 minutes in FRANKFURT; arrived from BANGALORE at 22:46, departed 22:48.

The next (most recent) line on the tracking indicates that the "Customs Status" has been updated, and it's flagged at the CINCINATTI HUB, OH - USA location -- timestamped at 20:45.  (two hours before it arrived in FRANKFURT (for two minutes).    I take this to mean that my radio is somewhere 'departed from Frankfurt', but not actually in Ohio -- in fact, I don't think it will physically pass through Ohio on the way to me.  (in other words, i think this line indicates an event involving the package occurred [in this case, the package has been cleared by customs], and where it [the event] occurred.  I'm guessing the data center that processes DHL's custom clearances is in Cincinatti, Oh.)

i don't think that particular entry on my tracking form indicates the physical location of the package...

On 2/10/21 11:36 PM, Justin Bowser - KI5GKD wrote:
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel that is not a train!  My tracking just updated and my package is now in Cincinnati! :-)

Kelly KD5AJ

Kelly Mabry

I sure hope you were spared the apparent Leipzig layover...

Kelly KD5AJ 

Kelly Mabry

Well folks, Good news!
The ubitx didn't fall out of the cargo bay door leaving from  Leipzig!! Its in Cincinnati! I'm excited!

Kelly KD5AJ 

Kelly Mabry

Overnight,  direct to Memphis, TN!! But on hold there. 85 miles away, til this blows over!! Here's hoping every stays safe and warm during the bad weather.  God bless everyone. Stay safe on the streets, don't drive unless you have to do so!

Kelly KD5AJ 

Kelly Mabry

The ubitx has arrived!  The Golden package got here, and I went to work assembling it. Very easy construction compared to the v5. Assembled and turned on . Got the stock menu fine.  Found my bnc to so239 and connected it to an x50a up at 33ft. Non resonant antenna.  Audio seemed low. a bunch of bleeps blips but no lsb ssb but I did hear K2AX @ 7005. Calling cq test, albeit with audio fully cranked. My guess? See number 1. Non resonant antenna.  Question, i don't have a nextion yet. Will Ian's v1.2 software work with a stock v6?

Kelly KD5AJ 

Evan Hand

Hi Kelly,

the short answer to your question is no, the KD8CEC will not work with the graphic display that comes with the v6 µBITX.  You need either an original 1602 display or a Nextion graphical display.

Before you spend the money on a Nextion display, I would suggest that you try Reed N's software to help with screen updates and CW operation.  There are also some other improvements that make the stock v6 work better without going through the cost of a screen upgrade. 
https://github.com/reedbn/ubitxv6

If you are still not satisfied, then make the purchase and upgrade to the Nextion screen.  Here is a link on how that can be done:
http://ubitx.net/2020/01/06/a-v6-nextion-display-conversion/

Evan
AC9TU

Kelly Mabry

Evan, thanks again!! I appreciate the help!

Kelly KD5AJ