Topics

Raduino v1.27.6 (few small improvements) released #bitx40

Bo Barry <bobarr@...>

I've found that when the new directory is created, if there are multiple files you need to move them there.

Allard PE1NWL

Rogier, Ralph,

the entire sketch is contained in raduino_v1.27.xx.ino

You don't need the other one (raduino_diag_v3.ino). That one is only for
diagnostics (troubleshooting any hardware issues). You may safely delete
it (or move it away) from the downloaded folder.

Hope this helps.
73 Allard PE1NWL

On Mon, May 28, 2018 22:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I am new to the Arduino programming ( just started learning it in
December)
.

I know how to load in the single *.ino programs to the arduino with no
problem and how to write a very simple program and get it going or change
some of them.

What I would like to know is how to load in several files. It seems to me
that some of Dr.Lee's programs have several *.ino files and they all need
to be loaded into the Arduino.

I do have his *.hex file loaded in and it works very well.

de ku4pt

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@...> wrote:

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <
jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Rogier:

The sketches that do *not *give you problems; do they have a single
source code file or multiple source code files? Dr. Lee's program uses
multiple source code files and he has them all labelled as *.ino files
(except for header files, of course). However, Dr. Lee's code is for
the
µBITX and the code you seem to be compiling is for the Bitx40. Which
Bitx
are you trying to use?

Jack, W8TEE

Ralph Mowery

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
[...]

On Monday, May 28, 2018, 3:34:25 PM EDT, kj6etl <pa1zz@...> wrote:

Hi Jack,
Thanks for your help however I have no trouble uploadng other Sketches in the Arduino nano.
Its only this one that appears to be incomplete or at least requires the creation of a folder etc etc etc

Isn't there a complete sketch ready to be used like the ones provided by kd8cec?

Thanks!

Rogier

Sorry I am dyslectic and can't deal with code..

kj6etl

I am trying to load the code into a Arduino Nano.
All the other code can be uploaded quite easilly.
Its when I open this .ino file that its asking me to create a new folder. When following those instrucions it still fails to open.
Not even getting t the compiling (verifying) part.

Jack, W8TEE

[...]

The second error is because the Arduino IDE demands that the directory that holds the source code files share the identical name as the primary *.ino file (i.e., the file that hold setup() and loop()). In your case, if drive C is your source drive, you need to have:

C:/raduino_diag_v3/raduino_diag_v3.ino

Note the directory and primary *.ino file names MUST match.

The second error is more difficult to determine, because I can't see both files. However, this is the classic screw-up when you have multiple *.ino files in the same project and also makes an argument for understanding the difference between the terms define and declare--the are not the same. Making all the source files *.ino files does two bad things: 1) it turns off type checking, and 2) it turns off incremental compiles. Change the name of the second file to:

   raduino_c1.27.2.cpp

and recompile. This might give you a more meaningful error message.

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, May 28, 2018, 2:58:36 PM EDT, kj6etl <pa1zz@...> wrote:

Hi Allard,

I downloaded this sketch and receive these errors, spend more then an hour trying to get this to work on my Mac running High sierra.
Please see the attached screenshots for the errors received.

Dank je wel for de hulp!

Rogier
kj6etl (was pa1zz)

kj6etl

Hi Allard,

I downloaded this sketch and receive these errors, spend more then an hour trying to get this to work on my Mac running High sierra.
Please see the attached screenshots for the errors received.

Dank je wel for de hulp!

Rogier
kj6etl (was pa1zz)

AGØH

Thanks, Jerry.  That's what I'll do.  I thought the BFO was eliminated and got it from the SI5351 but obviously was wrong.
73, Keith AGØH

Jerry Gaffke

FIrst off, I suggest you get the Bitx40 working exactly as it comes out of the box,
as per the instructions up on hfsignals.com/Bitx40
You may not want to get on the air (the tuning mechanism jumps around a hundred hz or so),
but at least listen to some signals and get some power out to a dummy load.
Once the rig works, then start doing hardware hacks and updating firmware

Allard has two branches of code:
V1  code   https://github.com/amunters/bitx40
requires the fewest hardware mods, and leaves the BFO using the 12mhz crystal osillator
V2 code    https://github.com/amunters/bitx40-raduino-v2
requires more mods, including one that drives the BFO from the si5351's clk0.

Both branches are being actively developed.
The V2 code allows you to do more stuff, such as adjust the BFO frequency to better align with your crystal filter.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:08 pm, AGØH wrote:
I'm somewhat confused.  I have a BitX40 that came with the radiuno  last November.  I'm still trying to go through all the mods I want to make before I start initial construction.  I had planned on '
updating the radiuno to 127.6 before I start construction.  I assumed the radiuno does supply the the digital osc for the BFO.  So, if V2 is for digital BFO, then I guess I'm confused and maybe should
start with Ver 2?
73,
Keith - AG0H

AGØH

Hi Allard,

I'm somewhat confused.  I have a BitX40 that came with the radiuno  last November.  I'm still trying to go through all the mods I want to make before I start initial construction.  I had planned on '
updating the radiuno to 127.6 before I start construction.  I assumed the radiuno does supply the the digital osc for the BFO.  So, if V2 is for digital BFO, then I guess I'm confused and maybe should
start with Ver 2?
73,
Keith - AG0H

AA7GW Gary

I have just gotten my BITX40 fully up to date for V 1.27.6 and have loaded that sketch.  All features work as advertised, and I even put in my Call Sign into the version I loaded, which also worked.  I implemented the Capacitive touch plates and that works as well.  But, I do have a few problems for which I would appreciate some insight.  I am an old EE/Systems Engineer with lots of analog/digital/software design experience, so I am able to implement and test pretty much everything coming down the pike.  I haven't branched out on my own yet, i.e., made major changes in either hardware or software, but I have lots of ideas, which is the point.  So here are my current issues:
1. Even with the volume turned way down (not related I guess), the CW side tone coming through my earphones (haven't installed speaker yet) is way too intense.  I implemented the 47/1k connection from the audio amp and Raduino D5, and I guess I can figure out how to attenuate that signal, but why? It is coming from the Raduino which should have a way to attenuate one way or the other, yes?
2. Receiver noise is horrible with no input from an antenna (50 ohm dummy load or just open).  I have implemented the LM386 suggested mod and another mod to better meet FCC requirements.  As I understand it, the BITX40 should be very quiet with no antenna input.  Perhaps one of the IF stages or the RF stage is not working properly?  I was listening tonight with my antenna hooked up and I certainly could hear CW (with noise) and also SSB QSOs going on, but the signal to noise ratio was terrible. Atmospheric conditions are probably not good especially at night, but my Yaesu HF rig was much quieter.  I also ran into what seems like a lot of birdies across the band (compensated drive for the one at 7.199)
Gary
AA7GW

Great! thank you

Allard PE1NWL

Hi David,

The  keyer at this time is just A1 for ptt with a outside keyer I have hooked inside. If I move up to current firmware, does it have a setting for straight key taking A1 back to its straight key function?

Yes, via 'CW params' in the SETTINGS menu you can choose from various key types: straight key (default), paddle, reversed paddle, bug, reversed bug.

V2 vs V1 firmware

This firmware is V1 and does not require the BFO mod correct?

Yes, this is v1 (https://github.com/amunters/bitx40) which uses the original analog BFO, so the BFO shouldn't be installed.
The v2 branch (https://github.com/amunters/bitx40-raduino-v2) is for digital BFO and it does require the BFO mod.

73 Allard PE1NWL

Allard I am pretty sure I understand this but before I push the newest firmware (I am on a old alpha of 1.18 still) I have a few questions.

The  keyer at this time is just A1 for ptt with a outside keyer I have hooked inside. If I move up to current firmware, does it have a setting for straight key taking A1 back to its straight key function?

V2 vs V1 firmware

This firmware is V1 and does not require the BFO mod correct?

I have lost track of the versions at this point and want to be sure I understand whats what now that I have read up more.

 73

   David

Allard PE1NWL

Hi,
I've just released raduino v1.27.6 for BitX40, download it from https://github.com/amunters/bitx40

New in this release:

  • improved the code so that the si5351 does not keep receiving tuning updates once the frequency has reached the upper or lower limit
  • corrected a bug that when semiQSK is ON, switching between modes did not work correctly for CWL/CWU.
  • increased the default delay time for the Function Button for easier operation
  • updated the instructions for the CW-CARRIER mod: Advise to use a 4.7K resistor instead of 10K so as to ensure full output power in CW
Happy BitX-ing!

73 Allard PE1NWL