Topics

7.277mHz Sunday Afternoon

_Dave_ K0MBT

Has anyone been trying for a bitx> bitx qso recently on 7.277 I made quite a few contacts in the spring but don't see any action there recently.

73
Dave
k0mbt

Evan Hand

Was not aware of the Sunday schedule.  Tried at 2:28 PM Central, did not hear anyone.

Is there a time?

Evan
AC9TU

SM6MOJ

What time was that in GMT?

Vic WA4THR

Yes, listened at 3PM EST (2000 GMT) and heard K0MBT calling CQ. We had nice chat, BitX40 to uBitX, about 843 miles. Times for the weekly 7277 Sunday meet are 3PM and 7PM local time, although that seems to translate to always Eastern time from what I hear.

=Vic=

_Dave_ K0MBT

Yes Vic and I had a nice qso. I listened on and off after that but quit when I was getting an AM carrier.

Vic said that he used his bitx40 as a mobile rig at times. I found that very interesting. Perhaps you would start a thread on that.

I do monitor 7277 at times.

My rig is usually my ubitx v3  I run the finals at 20 volts Have a new 1000 foot loop antenna.

iz oos

Imho, many hams have ceased to operate the ubitx until they make the mods to be fully compliant. Others just like to test the board to learn and experiment. Last weekend many active ops were busy for the cqwwcw contest. The 40m band also is not that wide outside North America, in Europe we cannot go beyond 7200, so having two rarely used separate frequencies one for NA and one for the outside does not help. Personally I would operate at or around 7177mhz, regardless of the CQ zone, the time and the day of the week.

Il 25/nov/2018 20:57, <davesters@...> ha scritto:
Has anyone been trying for a bitx> bitx qso recently on 7.277 I made quite a few contacts in the spring but don't see any action there recently.

73
Dave
k0mbt

Jay - WS4JM

I'd be OK with using 7.177 instead 7.277. Anyone else?

MVS Sarma

Perhaps you have to go with majority of users, unless your band on7.277 is blocked for ham in your nation.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:57 PM Jay - WS4JM <ws4jm@...> wrote:
I'd be OK with using 7.177 instead 7.277. Anyone else?

Evan Hand

OK by me

Evan
AC9TU

Vic WA4THR

Using the neat feature in the Amunter sketch to be able to monitor both VFO A and B on the BotX40, I have listened on both 7177 and 7277 at the 3PM and 7PM times thinking I might just hear some DX on 7177, but I have never heard any BitX on the lower frequency. Often I do hear folks on 7277, though.

=Vic=

Wayne Leake

 Is 7277 the common QRP SSB frequency in zone 2?
 I have not really paid attention yet, so I will forget at times.
 I know that I have turned the radio in the house on in an afternoon, and almost alway will hear some activity on 40. usually within 250 miles, I think t was.
 I know there is a noontime net in eastern NM, as I logged into it just a bit after 1:00PM CDT, which, of course, is 12:00PM MST/MDT.
 I guess there are many noontime nets around the country, as I logged into one is NV back in 2003, while on out way home from my sisters in Pahrump.
 It can give me an idea of activity if I tune in at 1:00PM and scan for it.
 I gotta get one of the BITX40's set up in case/cabinet really soon, so I can catch Santa and ask for a bit of help.
 I also want to assemble at least 1 AGC module, using a form that works in first IF and/or the RF amp or both. I found a circuit for that, saved it, and can't locate that one, as I forgot what the file name is, and  where I saved it.
 YMMV
 Wayne WA2YNE
 Imperial TX, where the sun is shining at noon.

Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services

I have listened a few times but never heard another uBITX on 7.277.  The posted net time is a little inconvenient for me.  I have another proposal:  How about uBITX addicts just "parking" our rigs on 2.277 MHz and listening.  I usually have mine on, with volume down very low.  I have been leaving it on 14.300 but 20M propagation has not been good lately.  I will start listening on 7.277 for a while.  I encourage others to do likewise.  Make your first CQs there when you sit down to operate.

Skip Davis

Just to let you know 14.300 is the Maritime Mobile net frequency for both coasts. They are in operation most of the day with net controllers throughout the country. It’s not the best choice for operation and meeting place for uBITX users but could be used to possibly get a signal report.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Jul 21, 2019, at 09:50, Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services <FischerTek@...> wrote:

I have listened a few times but never heard another uBITX on 7.277.  The posted net time is a little inconvenient for me.  I have another proposal:  How about uBITX addicts just "parking" our rigs on 2.277 MHz and listening.  I usually have mine on, with volume down very low.  I have been leaving it on 14.300 but 20M propagation has not been good lately.  I will start listening on 7.277 for a while.  I encourage others to do likewise.  Make your first CQs there when you sit down to operate.

Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services

Thanks for the info, Skip.
I am aware of the MMSN.  They run noon until around 10 PM ET.  I check in with some regularity.
14.300 is also home of INTERCON (the old Intercontinental Traffic Net).  They run 8 AM - noon ET.  I check into that one too.
BTW:  I checked into INTERCON yesterday morning with my uBITX.  Operating "remote" from a hunting camp in the middle of a wilderness area. (West Virginia Wildlife Management Area).  Operating battery-solar into an 84 foot longwire.  Net OP was W5WAZ near Houston, TX.  Also worked the Battleship New Jersey with the uBITX & same setup yesterday morning.
Amazing little radios.
I will be listening on 7.277 - just can't do it today.

[...]

I try to be on 7.277 around 0:00 UTC (7:00 pm Central) Sunday evenings, and sporadically other times. I also use my µBitx mobile and I listen and check into Southcars at 7.251.