Topics

Free uBitx development enclosure

Mike Bowthorpe

Hi All

Here is the first step in my free uBitx development enclosure, holes for controls to follow.....

...yes the plastic box it came in. Be careful when you cut the holes!

73
Mike
G0CVZ

Arvo W0VRA

Haha that's what I did with my BITX40.

Neil Martinsen-Burrell

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:06 AM, <mike@...> wrote:
Hi All

Here is the first step in my free uBitx development enclosure, holes for controls to follow.....

...yes the plastic box it came in. Be careful when you cut the holes!

Yes! This is my plan too. I think that I will separate the display from the raduino board using some M/F jumper wires and mount the display and the controls on the top lid, while all of the connectors will go on one of the sides. The goal would be something appropriate for portable QRP use on a lap.

Were you thinking of making some vents for airflow around the heat sinks?

-Neil N0FN