BITX20] FETs on sale

Bob Lunsford

Saw these, may be of interest...

Pack of 10 - IRF3205 N Channel FET Transistor 55V
sale price $2.95

Jerry Gaffke

Great part, if you are building a power supply.
An RF amp, not so much.
IRF510  total gate charge:  8nC
IRF3205 total gate charge: 146nC

Those numbers were both taken at a Vgs of 10v, so should be a pretty fair comparison.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 04:12 AM, Bob Lunsford wrote:

Saw these, may be of interest...

Pack of 10 - IRF3205 N Channel FET Transistor 55V
sale price $2.95

Bob Lunsford

Before reading your message, I kept looking at the spec sheet and could not see a Ft or something that gave an upper level frequency spec so began to wonder about it. However, some transistors were used for power supplies and for 40M QRP finals in the past so thought it might be usable. Oh, well...

Bob — KK5R

On Thursday, January 7, 2021, 11:00:55 AM EST, Jerry Gaffke via groups.io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

Great part, if you are building a power supply.
An RF amp, not so much.
IRF510  total gate charge:  8nC
IRF3205 total gate charge: 146nC

Those numbers were both taken at a Vgs of 10v, so should be a pretty fair comparison.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 04:12 AM, Bob Lunsford wrote:

Saw these, may be of interest...

Pack of 10 - IRF3205 N Channel FET Transistor 55V
sale price $2.95

Balasubramanyan Cp

Dear OM,
I am interested to buy.
Please let me know how much total (including SPEED POST Postel charges to my address in INDIA) you require from me in advance.
 Best of 73s.
 BALSUN. VU2UYC.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 5:42 PM Bob Lunsford via groups.io <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Saw these, may be of interest...

Pack of 10 - IRF3205 N Channel FET Transistor 55V
sale price $2.95

Bob Lunsford

From another member here, these FETs are best used in power supply design. Apparently the frequency (and maybe other parameters) are not directly applicable to the uBITX user/designer. However, in the spirit of using the 2N3053 as a 40M QRP final amp, it may prove to be of interest in some PA application, even if only at some lower frequency. Keep in mind that it may not work merely by plugging it in, other adjacent components may have to be altered in value or added to make the FET work after a fashion. We are mostly experimenters here with some more into actual mathematical design by using their technical abilities than other.

Bob — KK5R