Topics

K5BCQ board layout and pinouts

IW4AJR Loris <lorisbollina@...>

It is not an AGC it is an antenna attenuator and good if you go to you will lose from 2 to 3 points S in reception, the system is not bypassable, even when turned off the MOSFET remains inserted in series with the antenna and, as in all "attenuators "automatic (look at some articles on PIN diodes), there is a residual attenuation that cannot be eliminated ... if you don't mind losing S points from your receiver, use it, but don't call it" AGC "it is doesn't and it doesn't check any "gain", simply "attenuates the antenna input signal".
73 Loris

kg9hfrank@gmail.com

Arv, the speaker detached and bounced around.  Finals were bent and the AGC board was ripped out of the three pin connector.  Hot on the trail, I bent the transistors back straight, did some soldering and labeling and ... just now... found the initial instructions for the AGC board so I am all set.  For the others...    here is the link I found.   http://www.nd6t.com/uBITX/AGCkit.htm
The transmitter is now fully functional and this will help me to fix the AGC board.  (was thinking of jumping the pc board but think I will just complete the wiring.)
I got a great deal on this uBitz and looking forward to getting it on the air (with the AGC board!)
--
Frank, KG9H

Arv Evans

Frank, KG9H

What are the symptoms (what works and what does not work)?
A picture of the damaged board might be interesting.
Pinout for the off-board connections are in the assembly manual.
Pinout for the on-board units (Radiuno, etc.) are in the assembly manual.
A picture of the as-received shipping material would be helpful for future reference.

Arv
_._

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:18 PM kg9hfrank@... <kg9hfrank@...> wrote:
I purchased a uBitz (4 I think) and it has a K5BCQ board in it.  It bounced around during shipment and the board came apart.  I think I can get it running.
Just need the pin-out information, anyone?
--
Frank, KG9H
kg9hfrank@...

kg9hfrank@gmail.com