Topics

Got Mine Built #ubitx

Terence Taylor

Got around to assembling my uBitx today. The case was laser cut on my Glowforge out of 1/8" MDF.

I based the design on what Martin Held, AE7EU did. The case with my radio has larger holes for the
thick panel jacks (they are just BARELY long enough) and the 1/4" shaft volume control.

The other case is based Martin's original design.

I will upload the files (.svg format) a little later. I want to try doing an engrave around the jacks that SHOULD create a recess
for the retaining net.

Put the radio on the air and my first contact was from my QTH in California to Colorado (5 and 6, both ways)!

sulu82@...

Nice looking case.
Please spell check "transceiver".Just a small correction.:)

Terence Taylor

OK, here is the file to use for laser/cnc cutting of the case I made. I cut in out of 1/8" (3mm) MDF. Since that is a little too thick for the suppliedĀ  jacks, you may need to glue the jacks into the from panel or use a Forstner bit to create a recess for the retaining nuts.