Topics

UBitx 6 Tuning Knob does nothing

howardmsmall

I have just assembled my uBit 6 and applied power. It starts up fine and the touch screen works as it should. However, when I turn the tuning knob the frequency does not change and it goes from received audio to high pitched whistle. The tone and volume change if I turn the volume knob.

I have checked the connections and all appear OK. Any suggestions as to the cause?s

OZ6TI Ole

Have you connected the tuning knob to the right connector - the one at the Arduino, not the one just behind the front to the right at the PCB??

Den 15. sep. 2020 kl. 13.09 skrev howardmsmall <howard@...>:

I have just assembled my uBit 6 and applied power. It starts up fine and the touch screen works as it should. However, when I turn the tuning knob the frequency does not change and it goes from received audio to high pitched whistle. The tone and volume change if I turn the volume knob.

I have checked the connections and all appear OK. Any suggestions as to the cause?s

howardmsmall

I have reloaded the code to the arduino but that has not changed anything.

howardmsmall

Ah, they don't call me stupid for nothing! Thanks - all good now.

Mick

Don’t be discouraged, many of us have done the same thing.lol

Mick VA3EPM