Topics

selling my V6

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

Thanks for letting me know.

It did work but from the other VU-ham's video, I thought it had to be tuned. Now I learn too late that I should have left it alone.

I used WWV at 10 and 5 MHz ans then used WTAM at 1100 KHz as reference signals to zero beat. Got it very close but now I have the same signal on USB as on LSB. I'm giving up.

I even tried the locate screen in the menu but still same sig on USB as on LSB.

I no longer have as much patience as I had when younger. Maybe it will be a good deal for someone with more patience.

Bob — KK5R
nocrud222@...

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 3:58:16 PM EDT, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

The BFO is pretuned from the factory. you don't HAVE to do it. This is a myth. It works out of the box for almost everyone. Many think that they need to do it and they mess it up. It will take you about 20 minutes to assemble it. Try it on air before giving it up.
- Farhan

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 1:11 AM Bob Lunsford via groups.io <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am selling my full kit V6. I do not have a way tyo do the BFO tuning, etc. Included will be the V6, microphone, complete kit box, etc. (all items I received with the kit).

It is nice and receives OK but the tune-up is what I cannot do. Wish it could be done but I do not have Cromium or a computer that will do the microphone to HF Sigs thing.

It will be sold for $200 stateside. If anyone is interested, email me at:

Bob — KK5R

Ashhar Farhan