Topics

Initialization problems for uBitx 6.1

Ronnie

Hi!
I just got a new full uBitx v6.1 kit.

I followed all assembly instructions per the HF signals website.  The assembled unit display comes on when power is applied and the volume control is turned on.

I can toggle some functions from the touch screen, i.e., change USB to LSB, directly input a frequency, etc., but I'm not really hearing anything from the receiver.

The vfo dial will not work to change the frequency at all.  Loud pings come from the speaker when I rotate the vfo.  Also, I cannot get the unit to go into setup mode for calibration.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before for a new unit?  Am I missing something simple?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

73,

Ronnie
WB5KLM

Dale Parfitt

Hi Ronnie,

Make certain your encoder is plugged into the socket on top of the Raduino and NOT the identical socket on the UBitx PCB.

Dale W4OP

I followed all assembly instructions per the HF signals website.  The assembled unit display comes on when power is applied and the volume control is turned on.

I can toggle some functions from the touch screen, ie., change USB to LSB, directly input a frequency, etc., but I'm not really hearing anything from the receiver.

The vfo dial will not work to change the frequency at all.  Loud pings come from the speaker when I rotate the vfo.  Also, I cannot get the unit to go into setup mode for calibration.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before for a new unit?  Am I missing something simple?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

73,

Ronnie
WB5KLM

Ronnie

You nailed it Dale!  Thanks.  I guess I was going too fast!

Regards,

Ronnie
WB5KLM

Dale Parfitt

At last  count, only 313 of  us have made the same error- enjoy the rig.

Dale W4OP