Topics

#cat #ubitxv6 #cat #ubitxv6

s53c.lado@...

Thanks Evan, for time being your reply is just what I needed, so thank you very much.
I already got ubitx and already have it working. My first impressions are good. But I already have a list of improvements in my mind. Major thing will be to ad an audio filter, because the selectivity is like something I remember from 1964 wen I got my licence, so now I am to spoiled for that. Next thing is that I'll try to figure the way to ad AGC, preferably before audio chain. I'll also have a look into firmware to see if I can do something about CW operation which is not really good right now.
W0EB (and friends) solution to replace Arduino nano with Teens 4 also seems interesting, but I'll leave that for later, after I've done the improvements, that I have in mind.
73, Lado, S53C

Evan Hand

s53c.lado,

First off, I have been on this board for over 2 years and still do not know how to do searches that produce results.  Often it is better to let Google search on the web to find the results on the board.

As far as I know, all of the stock versions since v4 have included CAT capabilities.  I do not have version 6 so I cannot give you specifics for that version.  I do use the CAT capability for my v4 and v5 rigs. You can use Yeasu FT-817 or FT-857.  Both have worked for me with digital mode (WSJT-X) software.  It works with CAT PTT, 38400 baud, 8 bits, and defaults for others.

You can get the source code for the stock firmware (latest) from Ashhar Farhan's GitHub account.  He is the author and primary designer of the ubitx.  Here is the link:
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

As far as upgrades, there are too many to enumerate them all.  If you have already ordered/received a ubitx, then the first step is to get it working.  After that, it will depend on what you want to do with the rig.  There are mods that fix the shortcomings for CW, others that are focused on the digital modes, and still others that open up enhanced software capabilities that would be up to you to program and use.  All are valide depending on what you want to do.  There is another thread where I listed what I would do if I bought a new v6:
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/79394

One place to start for possible upgrades might be ubitx.net.  That site seems to have the most information on the past mods as well as possible changes.  Another is HamsKey.co, the blog of the KD8CEC author.

The ubitx, like this board, has huge possibilities.  It does take some research and forethought to make it what you want it to be.  For the price, there is nothing else that I know of for multi-band SSB kits.  There are some that have been promised, however, they are still not available.  No date has been announced yet.

Above are my thoughts based on my experiences.  Yours may and can be different.
Enjoy the hobby!
73
Evan
AC9TU

s53c.lado@...

1) New to groups.IO. Groups software not very friendly. Search very strange ... Getting a lot of hits, but not very useful ones...
2) New to ubitxv6 too. Unable to find stock firmware docs. Does that exists anywhere? First question (and probably not last): is there support for CAT in stock firmware (documented, if possible)? Links please..
3) There seem to be some non-stock firmwares around. Any of those for v6 hardware?? Links please ...

Sorry if i repeat some preexisting questions, but my searchers ended up nowhere. Maybe it'll get better if I manage to adjust to gorups.IO searching.