From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Reed N
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 12:22 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] My V6 UI has suddenly started beeping with each button press.

Hi Jeff,

I'd recommend trying to keep each thread on topic. It makes it easier to find and make sense of the conversations on here when looking back at older conversations. That said, I'll still answer your questions here.

You can see some of the features listed in the readme file in the project: https://github.com/reedbn/ubitxv6/blob/master/README.md
I made a lot of changes on the back end, but tried to keep the stock look.

If you search this group, you'll find people reporting 12m use. There aren't any software limits to prevent it, and even if there were, you could change the code to allow it. https://groups.io/g/BITX20/search?q=12m
I believe that 160m is also possible, with some additional filters. Again, search this group and you'll find threads talking about it.

I personally got the uBiTX because it's designed for tinkering, but has the base tech in place. I read up on it on variety of sites, including this group, before purchasing, and was fully aware that there would be some elbow grease required. It was actually easier than I expected, since I researched v5 but got a v6. But I've never seen anybody on here say that this radio is for people who want a radio that "just works" for SOTA. If that's what you're after, you might want to consider the big 3, or something that's purchased as a complete product, not a kit, like the minion sdr.

Reed

Reed N

[...]

Jeff Debes

Thanks again Reed for hanging with me and my sometimes (I know) annoying comments and questions.

I tried the BFO alignment/set with my home laptop and it seems to work, but I have a few comments on the HF Sigs instructions on the tuning aid:
Maybe the tuning aid should instruct  whether to use just ‘noise’  vs a signal and/ or if one should disconnect the antenna etc. Maybe a signal is good to view on it?

I  dislike the need to have to twitch the tuning knob in order to enact the switch between LSB and USB. But at least it works that way now.   BTW In the tuning aid instructions,  the word that is intended to be “approximately”  is misspelled. Should be corrected.

I think you said you have a software release that fixes that and the touch response button highlighting and visual indication of touched soft button? What else?
And:
Has anyone created a  12 meters version?
What about 160 meters? ( I take it hardware design might not work for 160) .

Segway, back to other questions and comments made:
I like to do some SOTA ( Summits On The Air )climbing mountains, making contacts, getting points for peaks climbed and contacts made. I get lots of exercise when i do these treks. .....  but this  is one reason for wanting a minimal tinkering, off-the-shelf QRP rig that could be used portably. My  decreased motivation to dive into many new things, to understand the guts of the radio architecture, or fixes , etc is driven by my own view and interests in ham radio as a hobby.
And there are many others like-minded out there.
 So in this regard, it might be good for the support group and for HF Signals to tailor expectations to meet the need to help out operators who have similar interests.
How much more might a fully assembled , tuned and ready to operate V6 go for ?
$250, $300 , $350  Many might buy it.
Thoughts?

On May 29, 2020, at 10:18 PM, Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:

Long button press on stock software will get you to the menu, but won't do anything with beeping that I can think of. There's a small sound blip when the frequency is changed, but not a CW style beep...

Reed

--
jeff.debes@...

Reed N

Long button press on stock software will get you to the menu, but won't do anything with beeping that I can think of. There's a small sound blip when the frequency is changed, but not a CW style beep...

Reed

Jeff Debes

Thanks so much for the reply Reed,

It is really weird, I loaded nothing at all. It is the same board  that  I was asking  questions about before,  no changes, I’ve  just been tuning, navigation menus
 and  listening on it so far.
I’ll try that button press though.

Jeff

On May 29, 2020, at 9:23 PM, Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:

If you're running my build, there a blind friendly mode that activates if you hold the menu button on the main screen. Press and hold to disable.

Reed

--
jeff.debes@...

Reed N

If you're running my build, there a blind friendly mode that activates if you hold the menu button on the main screen. Press and hold to disable.

Reed

Jeff Debes

Hi all,

My V6 version has suddenly started beeping when I touch UI buttons, it was not doing this before, it was silent on any button press .
Might I have changed a setting inadvertently?
I do not recall seeing any menu or setting for this change?

No, I have not read all of the documentation yet.
Just thought I’d ask if it is an unusual or known issue.

Jeff

--
*jeff.debes@...*