Topics

V4 Alignment

Adrian Rees

Hi all

I have unpacked my uBitx v4 board with v4.3 firmware (I have some time now to do radio!!).

Having wired it up it seems that I cannot set the BFO correctly. I followed Vic's thread here (https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/ubitx_v4_3_calibration/29061748?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,29061748 ) and the you tube videos by VK3YE, but it seems each time I set the BFO Frequency, save the setting, the settings are not actually saved.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Adrian M1LCR

[...]

@KF4ZGZ

It seems the turn off re-boot thing is important after every step.
At least it is on my v6.
Mine wasn't appearing to do well either in getting the frequency close, but the bfo seemed fine.
I stopped for the night, turned it on the next day and all was fine?
Only off a bit .... close enough to leave it be.

Adrian Rees

As an update,

I connected test pins to Test Points 12, & 16 on my v4 uBITX board.

I also connected a dummy load, speaker, microphone etc.

Upon switching on the radio defaulted to its usual 7.150MHz LSB setting

Test point 12 measured over 53MHz.

I switched the radio in settings & calibrate, and TP 12 measured something like 10.005MHz.

By turning the tuning knob I managed to change this to 10MHz, saving the setting and restarting resulting in TP12 measuring 52.14991 MHz.

Good enough.

I then measured TP16 and adjusted the SSB setting until I measured 11.99664MHz, saved & restarted.

All seems well and the radio is now retaining its settings.

The test points are loacted just behind the raduino connector and are marked TP12 and TP16, although TP16 is hard to spot as it was overprinted on my board. its next to R112.

Note, my frequency settings are for my v4 board with 12MHz crystals, yours maybe different.

Cheers

Adrian M1LCR