Topics

SI5351 without library #si5351

edoardo marchetti

Thank you, I'm watching these right now!

Il giorno gio 28 mag 2020 alle ore 19:32 James Lynes <jmlynesjr@...> ha scritto:
Edorado:

Have you looked at the Bitx40 or uBitx code? Neither use a si5351 library(too large), but use a small subroutine written by Jerry instead. Pull out parts of this code for your needs.

It takes serious study to understand all of the register manipulation required to drive the si5351. Luckily Jerry figured this out for us.

James

James Lynes

Edorado:

Have you looked at the Bitx40 or uBitx code? Neither use a si5351 library(too large), but use a small subroutine written by Jerry instead. Pull out parts of this code for your needs.

It takes serious study to understand all of the register manipulation required to drive the si5351. Luckily Jerry figured this out for us.

James

edoardo marchetti

Hi everibody,
I'm studing how to program the SI5351 without library, I learnt to produce a single frequency output but I still have problem when I want to create a sketch that makes me able to make a frequency coded by a rotary encoder.

Which register should I update?

Changing just from 42nd o 49th don't produce the desired output, I wonder if I have to resend all the registers seen in figure 12 of datasheet every time I want to change frequency output...
Can you help me?
73