Topics

Larger Nextion Display

Dale Parfitt

Will the Nextion displays plug directly into the Raduino board- that is, electrically pin for pin?
I understand the need for programming the display- just asking about the plug/socket.
Tnx
Dale W4OP

Reed N

Dale,

Are you considering upgrading from the v6's screen, or an existing nextion build? The v6's screen is not a nextion screen, and is not pin compatible. If you have an existing nextion display, I suspect, but cannot say with certainty, that they'll use the same uart port.

Reed

Evan Hand

Here is a page that I found on how to connect the Nextion display to a v6 uBITX with the KD8CEC firmware installed and the tft file for the correct display installed in the Nextion display.

http://radioaficion.com/news/ubitx-v6-mod/

CAUTION! I do not have a v6.  I have a v4 and a v5 and have added Nextion displays to both.  As far as I can tell the wiring and software should work.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Dale Parfitt

Upgrading from the standard V6 2.8 screen.

I understand having to program the micro(?) disc.

Tnx,

Dale W4OP

Are you considering upgrading from the v6's screen, or an existing nextion build? The v6's screen is not a nextion screen, and is not pin compatible. If you have an existing nextion display, I suspect, but cannot say with certainty, that they'll use the same uart port.

Reed

Dale Parfitt

Tnx Evan,

Dale

Here is a page that I found on how to connect the Nextion display to a v6 uBITX with the KD8CEC firmware installed and the tft file for the correct display installed in the Nextion display.

http://radioaficion.com/news/ubitx-v6-mod/

CAUTION! I do not have a v6.  I have a v4 and a v5 and have added Nextion displays to both.  As far as I can tell the wiring and software should work.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Steve Carey

Yes they do but they only use 4 connection and 2 are + & - 5V. Very easy  wire up and put the .tft file onto a uSD Card and pop into the SD Card socket on the back of the display. I've just done it for a 4.3" Display and it looks good.

Steve/G4MJW

On Mon, 11 May 2020, 19:47 Dale Parfitt, <PARINC1@...> wrote:
Will the Nextion displays plug directly into the Raduino board- that is, electrically pin for pin?
I understand the need for programming the display- just asking about the plug/socket.
Tnx
Dale W4OP

Dale Parfitt

Thanks to all,