Topics

TFT/Touch screen VFO/BFO ver 5 with CAT #ubitx #cat #bfo

SP Bhatnagar

It is our pleasure to announce availability of the new improved version (v5) of our Color TFT/Touch Screen VFO/BFO for uBitx with CAT , emulating Yaesu FT-2000. It has been tested with WSJTX, FLDIGI, JS8CALL.

Details are on vu2spf.blogspot.com and github.com/sprakashb.

73s and stay safe.

VU2SPF & VE1BWV
SP Bhatnagar & Joe Basque

SP Bhatnagar

Friends,

In our effort to provide a low cost attractive colour display with touch screen we have been working on this program and got good response from various users of Bitx and uBitx, using it for voice as well as digital modes. Recently we had updated the program (msg #78674) to include CAT, emulating a new generation rig like Yaesu FT-2000, using their new CAT command set. The arduino library for FT-2000 ( or any newer Yaesu rig) was also released and is available from Github for experimenter Hams to use/improve/correct.

A minor bug was found in the TFT VFO BFO program and repaired. The corrected version is available on the Github.com/sprakashb .

We welcome your feedback to improve this program.

73s and stay safe.

VU2SPF & VE1BWV
SP Bhatnagar & Joe Basque

Jack, W8TEE

What are the compile statistics now for % flash and %SRAM utilization? With CAT added, it's got to be getting tight.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Niels Jalling

Arduino Mega:

Sketch uses 69842 bytes (27%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 2306 bytes (28%) of dynamic memory, leaving 5886 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Niels, OZ9NY

Joe

😁 Thanks

On Thu, May 7, 2020, 1:12 PM SP Bhatnagar <vu2spf@...> wrote:
It is our pleasure to announce availability of the new improved version (v5) of our Color TFT/Touch Screen VFO/BFO for uBitx  with CAT , emulating Yaesu FT-2000. It has been tested with WSJTX, FLDIGI, JS8CALL.

Details are on vu2spf.blogspot.com and github.com/sprakashb.

73s and stay safe.

VU2SPF     &      VE1BWV
SP Bhatnagar & Joe Basque

SP Bhatnagar

OM Jack,

The CAT is not that heavy. In fact the newer CAT commands are Two letter plus only required data and not like the earlier one sending 5 bytes for every command / data. I have separated the CAT functions and tried to make a collection of minimum needed functions (I call it CAT library though technically it is incorrect for Arduino). These are also available from github.com/sprakashb for all to use and enjoy.

Hope someone benefits. This is all a result of Lockdown :)

Thanks Neils for quickly giving out data.
Best,

VU2SPF